Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4

+16
Ben HartAttack
Yoda
Jedi~Chick
StarWarsTalkShow
Dan Grievous
Doma11
Ahsokasister
Anakin Skywalker77
Leia Organa
BarrissOffee1297
Jango Nova
SWneedsSASR
ARC Trooper
Ashoka2898
JainaSolo781
GeneralGrievous505
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 40]

476Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:40 pm

Cad Bane's chick

Cad Bane's chick

I agree. Grievous was really cool in ROTS.

I LOVE Ki-Adi Mundi. I hope we can see more of him this season.

http://www.pandasabercamera.blogspot.com

477Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:41 pm

SWneedsSASR

SWneedsSASR

Jango Nova wrote:
can I just say one thing in defence of mercy mission, it was a planet wide relief mission,

But again. Why send an entire Clone Legion there when they can go straight to the rendezvous ? According to Wolffe it was the "Senator from Naboo's" Idea for them to help out, so why couldn't she send her own people instead of a military asset? Im sure that their are Civilian organizations in during this time that do these sorts of things all the time.

I like to look at real historical events to analyse things, and since Star Wars draws alot of its roots from real events, (order 66 for instance being the mix of several ocasions) its only natural that I think of such events such as the earthquake in japan, New Zealand, and the Cyclone that just battered my own coastline a few months back, yeah there are plenty of civillian services for these issues, but in all of them forced entire international task forces full of peace keeping and aid troops, I mean think about it, you have an efficient force which can be on the scene before the logistics of mounting a civilian rescue effort are even in place. and remember, Senators have authority over the military in the Republic, dam I feel like such a nerd XD, oh yeah and grevious, its good to be back, Ive been out with the Cadets getting my glider wings, getting ready to go solo, just have to perfect landings thats all, or get them down to only one bounce lol, gliding may not sound that much but with the acceleration of a winch luanch you feel like your flying one of these Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 240510

478Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:33 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

True, if TCW would just portray him like the EU and even the first couple of seasons portrayed him as, he'd be a MUCH better character to watch on the tv screen. But for whatever reason, they try and make him look weak and hypocritcal of his abilties. I mean, if he could take on 6 Jedi at once, including Ki-Adi Mundi and Aayla Secura, or survive a duel with Mace Windu, I'm pretty sure he could take out a least a dozen more gungans than he did in Shadow Warrior. I've said it before, and I'll say it again!-Shadow Warrior could've been much better in its storytelling abilities, the only majorly good part was Anakin vs. Dooku, the beginning confrontation, and the meeting between Jar Jar and Grievous, and some people even hated those scenes as well! If TCW would actually try and conform to the EU, it would come off much better in its episodes' storylines and even action.

479Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:58 am

Cad Bane's chick

Cad Bane's chick

No way, seriously?! You like Grievous?!! LOL! Just kidding...

I don't mind Grievous but he's not my favorite. I want to see him in an epic battle rather than that lame one in Shadow Warrior.

480Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:10 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

How can you say that about Grievous!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????? JK, lol, I agree with you, we need Bane back, but I also really like to see Grievous on the show (you could probably gather that just from my username, LOL)

481Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:51 am

Cad Bane's chick

Cad Bane's chick

General Grievous wrote:Ha, why didn't you like it? The Aleena were awesome, the droids were classic, and we got to see Wolffe as a main role! True, there wasn't much action, but not EVERY episode needs action.

BTW, who's ready for Nomad Droids? I personally can't wait to see Grievous again, even if for just a brief moment of an epic duel between him and Adi Gallia! Not to mention, I've heard rumors Gallia will actually die this time-marking 1. an actual following of the EU and 2. another Grievous victory on the show, especially after, well, you get the picture. And I also want to see those little midget things, they look cute...but deadly! LOL, those things are definitely going to be interesting. Meesa cannot wait!

I'm excited for Nomad Droids!!!!!! Not too thrilled about Grievous though, I want Cad Bane back!! It should be good, if Adi Gallia dies, it will be EPIC!! I'm not an anti-Adi person but, it's just way cooler when people get killed off. I mean, it is the Clone WARS. People need to die every now and then. Wink

482Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:42 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Ha, why didn't you like it? The Aleena were awesome, the droids were classic, and we got to see Wolffe as a main role! True, there wasn't much action, but not EVERY episode needs action.

BTW, who's ready for Nomad Droids? I personally can't wait to see Grievous again, even if for just a brief moment of an epic duel between him and Adi Gallia! Not to mention, I've heard rumors Gallia will actually die this time-marking 1. an actual following of the EU and 2. another Grievous victory on the show, especially after, well, you get the picture. And I also want to see those little midget things, they look cute...but deadly! LOL, those things are definitely going to be interesting. Meesa cannot wait!

483Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:37 am

StarWarsTalkShow

StarWarsTalkShow

One thing to say hear, bad episode.... nough said. Just listen to the latest SWU Podcast this Saturday to hear more on what Chris, Rauri, and I have to say on it.

http://StarWarsTalkShow.blogspot.com

484Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:02 pm

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Maybe, but let's think about it for a sec. They're likely to be much closer, they already have a translator droid (3PO), and it wouldn't take THAT long to get the relief effort done (as we saw, they did it in like a day or two).

485Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:52 pm

Jango Nova

Jango Nova

I just have a question, by 4 episodes, do you count the 2 episode premire as 1 or do you mean something different? Or were you reffering to just Gungan Attack and Prisoners and skipped over Water War since it was the prequel to both? You kinda confused me there for a bit, LOL.

Yah i did lol

can I just say one thing in defence of mercy mission, it was a planet wide relief mission,

But again. Why send an entire Clone Legion there when they can go straight to the rendezvous ? According to Wolffe it was the "Senator from Naboo's" Idea for them to help out, so why couldn't she send her own people instead of a military asset? Im sure that their are Civilian organizations in during this time that do these sorts of things all the time.

486Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:20 pm

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Hey, meesa so happy to see yousa again! Glad to see ya back SASR, I've been wondering where've you've been lately. And good points on Mercy Mission, since they only show us one part of the planet at any given time, it is hard to remember that it was a planet-wide relief mission needing more than just a few men. Personally, I liked Mercy Mission, and although I hope to not see too many more episodes like it, it was a fun, touching, and enjoyable episode to watch all the same.

487Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:41 pm

SWneedsSASR

SWneedsSASR

can I just say one thing in defence of mercy mission, it was a planet wide relief mission, they were going to need a full legion and probably broke into squads to reach other areas of the planet,(well think about it, and they were in the area on way to rendevous anyway, may aswell divert them to give immediate relief, whilst the second half of the episode was a bit corny, I really liked the first half, whilst it didnt boast blaster blazing action, it was comedic and gave us some excellent animation, also showing how clones react to a non combat deployment, plus to see wolffe again was great, we should see him in combat next episode, hopefully.

488Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:14 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

I just have a question, by 4 episodes, do you count the 2 episode premire as 1 or do you mean something different? Or were you reffering to just Gungan Attack and Prisoners and skipped over Water War since it was the prequel to both? You kinda confused me there for a bit, LOL.

I agree with you about the fact of Grievous getting beat by Gungans 100% That made me pretty mad in fact, with the whole Grievous fan thing going on, LOL. I mean, if they're gonna have him be captured, they could do it in a LOT more ways than "let Grievous stand there and be mobbed by Gungans without doing a thing".

As for Mercy mission, if I remember right, wasn't Aleen a sidestop along the way to their rendevous? If so, the episode KIND of makes sense, though you still bring a good point about dragging an entire legion when you only needed maybe several squads at best.

489Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:06 am

Jango Nova

Jango Nova

in these last 4 eps, there have been two about an actual war. (eps 1-2) and two feel good eps (3-4) which were , in my opinion, just completely off track. Did we really need to see Grievous get taken by Gungans? Naboo has NO strategic value anyway, and why send an entire clone legion on a mercy mission when you are LOSING THE WAR!? I really hope this season picks up soon...

490Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:27 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

TCW Review of the Week!: Well, after the sadness of Shadow Warrior's storytelling, we've come to a story that "made things a bit more interesting". Mercy Mission was without a doubt VERY interesting and kind of weird depending on your point of view. At least it didn't involve Jar Jar dopplegangars and ludicrous battles between Grievous and the Gungan Army though, so I can't complain.

It had a great start, with earthquakes destroying the Aleenas' homes and the Republic being called in to help. Wolffe and his troops land and begin the procedures for rebuilding the planet. Before I continue, I must elaborate on several things. One, the visuals and animation was superb, at times I thought I was watching an actual Star Wars movie, it was that good. The only thing that gave it away was the Aleenas' animation, everything else looked almost real. Another thing was the the Aleena themselves. They were funny and cute, and I really can't see how anyone could hate them. Seeing the clones in Phase II armor was another plus, along with seeing Wolffe playing a major role in the episode. The only thing I kind of disliked was the fact that the clones seemed almost mean and rough with the Aleenas. They seemed to do things their way only, and didn't seem to care whether or not it actually helped or even hurt the Aleenas. I get the fact the Clone Wars crew is trying to show how the war is getting to them, but I think they could have showed it in a better way than taking it out on a planet that's already been through enough.

Enough with my ranting though, as C-3PO and R2-D2 are helping out with the project, the Aleenas lead them to this hole that had some sort of loose seal. An aftershock occurs, and the droid duo fall into the hole. They realize they are within the subterranean depths of Aleen, and they encounter a strange species that are practically walking and talking trees that mention they can't breathe and to talk to their leader, Orphnee. Obviously, this is where I say things turned both interesting and weird. Though, I must admit, the trees were pretty cool though, I would definitely recommend seeing the episode to see them.

Things got weirder when the duo finally met Orphnee, who wasn't a fellow tree-thing surprisingly, but some female alien that almost reminded me of the angels we saw in The Mystery of the Thousand Moons. I say 'almost' because her introduction involved her licking 3PO and mentioning that she couldn't eat him... Creepy if you ask me, but that's another subject for another time. Anyway, she mentions again that the subterraneans can't breathe the upper atmospheric air, and give them a riddle before completely vanishing into little flying sparkles. Another weird point if you ask me, but again, I'm not complaining, and so far all the weirdness that I've mentioned so far is not a negative. If anything it was kind of cool, it wasn't the bad type of weird that we saw in the Mortis arc, it made things interesting, like I said before. Seriously, don't get the wrong impression because I'm pointing out all these weird things-if you actually see the episode, you'll find that you'll probably like these things and that they help set this episode apart from others in a good way.

Well, the riddle's answer turns out to be water, and R2 sprays some water (I didn't know he could do that for the record, and I sometimes marvel at the new things that he does) on some emblem, and the duo gets jettisoned up to the planet's surface through a pillar of water. This part I found to be slightly unrealistic, and probably one of the only negatives I've seen so far. The pillar looked fake, the droid's movement on the water didn't look real at all, and in essence, could've been done in a LOT better ways in my opinion.

With that being a major con, please take that into consideration while I talk about the last minutes of the episode. C-3PO and R2 are now back on the surface, and realize that the hole they fell into in the first place was what was causing all the breathing issues for the subterranean dwellers, so they promptly sealed it with the seal I mnetioned before. The Aleena's shout with joy, Wolffe mentions the job is done (even though he hasn't an idea what has happened to actually help Aleen-he just knows that he's done his part in the relief effort and needs to rendevous with Adi Gallia now that he's done so), and we have a touching moment when one of the Aleena hugs R2. It reminded me of the end of Innocents of Ryloth, where Numa hugs Waxer (at least I think it was Waxer) and everything ends on a happy note.

With few major cons, I rate this episode a 8/10. The animation was the best we've seen so far in my opinion, the storyline wasn't a gutterball like Shadow Warrior's, and we saw some weird but interesting things worthy of good recognition. Surprisingly though, I wouldn't say it was a must-see episode, so don't prepare for anything too spectacular.

P.S. On a final sidenote, I can't wait to see the next episode-although Grievous won't be in it much from what I've seen, at least he'll be there for a brief time not getting creamed by a bunch of gungans. In fact, Adi Gallia might die in this episode, so we'll definitely have to see how that works out. Not to mention, it's always good to see that droid duo at it again, right? Nothing like a little trouble for poor 3PO to whine about and R2 to fix. Let's hope it's just as good, if not better, than Mercy Mission!

491Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:38 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

ARC Trooper wrote:Whats going on with the CW thread? I expected to see a conversation about ''Mercy Mission''.Anyway,I only want to say that this was the first s4 episode I didnt liked.It was boring.The only good thing was the Phase II armor that appeared for the first time.Lets hope next episode is better.
I disagree, it was much better developed than Shadow Warrior. Yes, it didn't have any action, but not EVERY episode needs action, as long as it isn't borinhg, which it wasn't. It was suspenseful, fun, and somewhat touching at the end with all the Aleenas.

Cad Bane's chick wrote:I actually loved Mercy Mission. Wolffe was EPIC!!! The only thing that I didn't like was Orphne, she didn't belong in Star Wars.
Agreed, Wolfe was great to finally see in a more "main-role" type of context. Although, I must say, I found him and his men to be a bit too rough. I know the war must be getting to them and all, but it doesn't mean you go and take it out on the poor Aleenas and everyone's fav droid duo! Anyway, I might elaborate on that in my review of the episode.

Dan Grievous wrote:I loved the episode! The Aleenas were the best part. Great take on the species and their planet! Manchucho was fun... and finally the show did what I wished they would do since Season One - get little known EU planets and develop them.

Underground, the trees were awesome, they were so Treebeard from LOTR.
Aside from all of that, the design and animation was stunning! Amazing, simply amazing!

I give it an 8 out of 10... it was so good! That and compared to the last abomination of an episode "Shadow Warrior"!
I agree as well, FINALLY they decide to do something RIGHT with the EU, and not just mess it all up like they've done before.

Cad Bane's chick wrote:I agree, Dan Grievous. It was SO much better than Shadow Warrior. You can read my review of Mercy Mission on my blog.
I did, it was a good review. LOL, I like reading all the reviews, it's nice to see everyone's opinion.

492Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:08 am

Cad Bane's chick

Cad Bane's chick

I agree, Dan Grievous. It was SO much better than Shadow Warrior. You can read my review of Mercy Mission on my blog.

493Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:01 am

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

I loved the episode! The Aleenas were the best part. Great take on the species and their planet! Manchucho was fun... and finally the show did what I wished they would do since Season One - get little known EU planets and develop them.

Underground, the trees were awesome, they were so Treebeard from LOTR.
Aside from all of that, the design and animation was stunning! Amazing, simply amazing!

I give it an 8 out of 10... it was so good! That and compared to the last abomination of an episode "Shadow Warrior"!

494Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:10 am

Cad Bane's chick

Cad Bane's chick

I actually loved Mercy Mission. Wolffe was EPIC!!! The only thing that I didn't like was Orphne, she didn't belong in Star Wars.

495Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:00 am

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

Whats going on with the CW thread? I expected to see a conversation about ''Mercy Mission''.Anyway,I only want to say that this was the first s4 episode I didnt liked.It was boring.The only good thing was the Phase II armor that appeared for the first time.Lets hope next episode is better.

496Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:36 pm

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

And I see what you mean as well, I just felt that the duel itself, choreography, new magnaguards, and an actual LONG amount of action in the episode really stepped up everything I had been seeing so far, so it was therefore my fav scene of the episode.

497Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:44 am

StarWarsTalkShow

StarWarsTalkShow

General Grievous wrote:Another thing you have to consider is that Anakin isn't neccessarily compltely falling to the dark side just yet, he's still more of a Jedi than Darth Vader.
Still, it's in his nature and character, but I see what you mean.

498Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:03 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Another thing you have to consider is that Anakin isn't neccessarily compltely falling to the dark side just yet, he's still more of a Jedi than Darth Vader.

499Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:46 am

StarWarsTalkShow

StarWarsTalkShow

Lol well of course it beat Grievous getting beat by Gungans, but yeah opinion thing.

500Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:18 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Leia Organa wrote:I was a little disappointed Grievous was captured so quickly an easily too! It made me REALLY mad. Grievous has gone from a HUGE SCARY MONSTER to....... a not-so-scary monster who can be defeated in 5 minutes flat by a bunch of gungans.......... ?????? XD Oh brother!

The episode felt REALLY rushed. Seriously I can barely remember any of the details of the episode because it was so jammed pack with stuff. It was like they took a two part episode and turned it into one. But overall it was pretty good. I have a feeling though next week's episode will be much better.
Agreed, it was too rushed in that scene, if they had made it longer, showed a little more action and fighting between the two, I might not be as upset about the whole grievous getting captured thing, but they didn't and now I'm in a permanent bad mood.Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 20 878951

And yes, Grievous needs to be shown as the monster he truly is, taking on 6 jedi at once and all, now he can't even take on three gungans!

ARC Trooper wrote:I liked this episode.It was great to see Naboo again (and Grevious of course).This episode reminded me of TPM too.You know all these seps transports landing on the planes.
Of course I didnt like it either that Grtevious was captured so easily but I think thats because the CW crew had little time to show much more action in a 20 min. episode.
Well, they could've editted certain parts to make the overall episode feel longer by shortening certain parts, adding to others (Grievous against gungans). But no, they just let a massive outrage against such a great character be left there for everyone to see!
Dan Grievous wrote:
Leia Organa wrote:I was a little disappointed Grievous was captured so quickly an easily too! It made me REALLY mad. Grievous has gone from a HUGE SCARY MONSTER to....... a not-so-scary monster who can be defeated in 5 minutes flat by a bunch of gungans.......... ?????? XD Oh brother!

The episode felt REALLY rushed. Seriously I can barely remember any of the details of the episode because it was so jammed pack with stuff. It was like they took a two part episode and turned it into one. But overall it was pretty good. I have a feeling though next week's episode will be much better.

Same here, Leia, the problem that the scary Grievous once now can be defeated here in 40 seconds by three gungans, two only died!
Sad day, when your favorite character is specially made to loose and look idiotic and dragged away like a wild animal or a pile of trash. How dare you, Lucas!

The dragging away scene and timescal of the duel ruined and placed the episode in my mind as a horrid piece of SW lore that makes the last year Tea and Banking-related episodes look genius and enjoyable!
I know right, Grievous is obviously may fav character,and it's so sad that the team doesn't even bother to check up on his capabilties (6 jedi at once) and let him be beat by a bunch of ridiculous, ludicrous, annoying, stupid, crazy, amphibious GUNGANS!

StarWarsTalkShow wrote:
General Grievous wrote:Ha, I had a feeling you'd be upset, I know I definitely was at the way Grievous was treated. I mean, if they could've had him at least kill a lot of Gungans before getting captured, I might not be as upset, but it definitely got under my nerves howthey spent 15 minutes on a rather weak storyline, but about 3 when it came to that scene, and having Grievous kill like 3 Gungans at best. The only part that was really good in the episdoe was Anakin vs. Dooku, I loved that scene, one of the best duels in the series so far!
WHAT! You liked the whole Dooku vs. Anakin scene????? That was just sad!! No offense to you, but I didn't like it and we didn't get to see enough dark side in Anakin. At a moment like that when he is surrounded and one of the most powerful Sith is in front of him, he was just too weak and didn't unleash any darkside at all. IMO.
Ha, I suppose we're at a difference of opinion then, I personally thought it was the best scene of the whole episode, lightsaber choreography was at an all-time high, we got to see wicked-new Magnaguards, and the Dark side unleashed in Dooku. It certanly beat Grievous getting beat by gungans.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum