Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Expanded Universe

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:03 pm

Darth Robin

Darth Robin

General Grievous wrote:
Nah, I think the worst would be just a random picture of stars...
I think I found the worst cover: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070720121534/starwars/images/2/2a/SWGROD.jpg

27The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:42 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Oh wow, that book was AMAZIING!!! 2nd best SW book I've ever read, fantastic suspense, intricate detail, I loved loved loved it!

28The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:00 am

StarWarsTalkShow

StarWarsTalkShow

Lol no problem. I'm gonna start reading Death Troopers next. a.k.a listening to Death Troopers soon lol

http://StarWarsTalkShow.blogspot.com

29The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:15 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Yeah, thanks again for PMing me that youtube channel, it'll come in handy this summer. The Expanded Universe - Page 2 12480

30The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Thu May 31, 2012 7:46 am

StarWarsTalkShow

StarWarsTalkShow

I would suggest the audiobook. It is amazing! I just got done with it today and I was blown away. In fact, I was sad that it ended. I am going to have to go watch Episode I now and geek out over all the tie ins and explanations that the book gave.

31The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Thu May 31, 2012 4:09 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Yeah, I heard that book was good, though I'm waiting for price to lower before I buy it.

32The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Wed May 30, 2012 2:08 am

StarWarsTalkShow

StarWarsTalkShow

I know this is off topic, but I finsihed up the Darth Plagueis book finally! I was using the audio book version of it, so Daniel Davis' voicing and James' writing was stunning! The amount of detail that went into that book you just can't beat. Also the connections between the films and the book helped explain the Prequels in a much better light and didn't make them seem so empty. I give the book a 10/10.

33The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Tue May 29, 2012 3:11 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Yes, there are alot of connections to the two books, and the series connects even more. This series grew very complicated for me and I never finished Imperial Commando. Hard Contact was the best book anyway.

34The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Mon May 28, 2012 3:40 pm

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

I will now read the republic commando series. Although triple zero is the second book,does it matter if I start with this one?

35The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Mon May 28, 2012 9:51 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Darth Robin wrote:Exiting
[url=http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/LucasArts_Spike_To_Unveil_New_SW_Game_Franchise_145906.asp
http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/LucasArts_Spike_To_Unveil_New_SW_Game_Franchise_145906.asp[/quote[/url]] Awesome, another game series is always welcome! The Expanded Universe - Page 2 82824

ARC Trooper wrote:I finished yesterday Wild Space,hoping that the end will be good. I was wrong. the end was really pointless. Honestly. Organa and Kenobi finally arrived at the Sith Tempel where they found many books and Sith artefacts. The Dark side was affecting Kenobi all the time since they landed on Zigoola. He finally took a small pyramid made of black glass and managed to make contact with Yoda using the force. Then Yoda send Padme with 4 clone medics to rescue Kenobi and Organa from the evil Sith planet,wich means all this journey the two had was for nothing.
It could have been a nice book. As I said before its ok until the first half where it seems to be about the battle of Bothawui.But it suddenly turns out to be a Kenobi-Organa story.
Pfft, sounds really lame after reading this review. I've never gotten to it, even though I do have it, and now I'm thinking that that's probably a good thing.

36The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Mon May 28, 2012 3:52 am

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

I finished yesterday Wild Space,hoping that the end will be good. I was wrong. the end was really pointless. Honestly. Organa and Kenobi finally arrived at the Sith Tempel where they found many books and Sith artefacts. The Dark side was affecting Kenobi all the time since they landed on Zigoola. He finally took a small pyramid made of black glass and managed to make contact with Yoda using the force. Then Yoda send Padme with 4 clone medics to rescue Kenobi and Organa from the evil Sith planet,wich means all this journey the two had was for nothing.
It could have been a nice book. As I said before its ok until the first half where it seems to be about the battle of Bothawui.But it suddenly turns out to be a Kenobi-Organa story.

37The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Sat May 26, 2012 3:58 am

Darth Robin

Darth Robin

Exiting
http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/LucasArts_Spike_To_Unveil_New_SW_Game_Franchise_145906.asp

38The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Mon May 21, 2012 8:50 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Yeah, the RC series is a bit surprising, in my opinion they should have made the title Republic Deserter considering that's what it's mainly about after Hard Contact...

But they're still good books though, don't get me wrong on that.

39The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Sun May 20, 2012 4:41 pm

Darth Robin

Darth Robin

ARC Trooper wrote:The next SW book I start after Wild Space,will be Republic Commando Triple Zero.
How many are the RC books? I found in my bookstore only 3.
They are 4, 5 if you count the imperial commando novel. Here they are in cronological order:

Republic Commando: Hard contact
Republic Commando: Tripple Zero
Republic Commando: True Colors
Republic Commando: Order 66
Imperilal Commando: 501

I haven't read this series. As I said I am currently reading the Thrawn triology and I am also reading the Legascy of the force series. Once I have read thse books I will read the RC series. I already own Hard contact.

40The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Sun May 20, 2012 3:43 pm

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

The next SW book I start after Wild Space,will be Republic Commando Triple Zero.
How many are the RC books? I found in my bookstore only 3.

41The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Sun May 20, 2012 6:36 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Darth Robin wrote:Yeh, the main reson that I havent read it is bekaurce it does't sound that intresting. There are so many star wars books out there and many of them sound more intresting. I am currently reading the Thrawn triology and I am very pleased with it.
Yes, the Thrawn trilogy is EXCELLENT. The first "adult" novels I started reading when I was like 10 or so, and still love those books to this day. Timothy Zahn is a superb writer, and I love reading every Star Wars novel of his.

ARC Trooper wrote:I agree about the books cover. It looks so cheap.
And regarding the story,I have already read more than half and I have to say that it starts very good. It starts with the end of the battle of Geonosis in AOTC and later it gets us right after the end of the CW movie. I was surprised in chapter...12 was it? (I dont remember exactly) where the story of the book is getting combined with S1's episode were R2 is lost after the space battle.
But after that it started getting boring and it still is were I stopped yesterday. Its only Kenobi and Senator Organa travelling through space talking and searching for a Sith tempel on a planet named Zigoola. I hope it has some action in the end otherwise I will be dissapointed. Whats the point of having Rex on the books cheap cover and not have some action with him and his troopers?
Huh, while the combination of "historical" references is interesting, overall plot doesn't. In fact, it makes me think a little less of all the Clone Wars references if they're being filled with these random and raher boring side-stories...

42The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Thu May 17, 2012 11:43 pm

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

I agree about the books cover. It looks so cheap.
And regarding the story,I have already read more than half and I have to say that it starts very good. It starts with the end of the battle of Geonosis in AOTC and later it gets us right after the end of the CW movie. I was surprised in chapter...12 was it? (I dont remember exactly) where the story of the book is getting combined with S1's episode were R2 is lost after the space battle.
But after that it started getting boring and it still is were I stopped yesterday. Its only Kenobi and Senator Organa travelling through space talking and searching for a Sith tempel on a planet named Zigoola. I hope it has some action in the end otherwise I will be dissapointed. Whats the point of having Rex on the books cheap cover and not have some action with him and his troopers?

43The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Thu May 17, 2012 4:40 pm

Darth Robin

Darth Robin

Yeh, the main reson that I havent read it is bekaurce it does't sound that intresting. There are so many star wars books out there and many of them sound more intresting. I am currently reading the Thrawn triology and I am very pleased with it.

44The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Thu May 17, 2012 9:28 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Huh. I actually never noticed that until now, never looked at the cover hard enough I guess. Oh well though. As they say, you don't judge a book by its cover. But if one were to judge its contents, I could see where they might judge it harshly based on what little I've personally read.

45The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Tue May 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Darth Robin

Darth Robin

General Grievous wrote:Ha, I hope not! But seriously, no, I don't believe there is, I was just giving a worst-case scenario. I actually didn't dislike the cover for Wild Space either though, I've seen all the similar pictures for the Clone Wars movie/tv series so I'm kinda used to it.
Its just a cheap photoshop. All those clones behind Rex are exactly the same picture, same posture, same amount of weathering...

46The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Tue May 15, 2012 9:27 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Ha, I hope not! But seriously, no, I don't believe there is, I was just giving a worst-case scenario. I actually didn't dislike the cover for Wild Space either though, I've seen all the similar pictures for the Clone Wars movie/tv series so I'm kinda used to it.

47The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Mon May 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Darth Robin

Darth Robin

General Grievous wrote:Nah, I think the worst would be just a random picture of stars...

But no book has such a cover, am I right?

48The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Sun May 13, 2012 4:29 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Lol, it's funny how it contradicts the Star Wars TV series that contradicts the rest of Star Wars in general. The Expanded Universe - Page 2 495192

Nah, I think the worst would be just a random picture of stars...

49The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Fri May 11, 2012 9:01 pm

Darth Robin

Darth Robin

I havenĀ“t read Wild Space but i know it contradicts a lot that is in the TV series. And I think it has one of the worst covers ever for a star wars book.

50The Expanded Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Expanded Universe Thu May 10, 2012 4:04 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

I have it but have yet to read it. To be honest, just from skimming through it, it didn't look very apeasing to me. However, this is also just me flying through certain sections, so it might be alright after all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum