Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll

You are not connected. Please login or register

Republic/Imperial Commando Series

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Republic/Imperial Commando Series Empty Re: Republic/Imperial Commando Series Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:50 am

Anakin Skywalker77

Anakin Skywalker77

General Grievous wrote:It is, though like I said before, it isn't at all what you think it would be considering the entire series besides Hard Contact is about clones DESERTING rather than take on special ops.
I see

http://lightsabersalwaysbeatblasters.blogspot.com/

2Republic/Imperial Commando Series Empty Re: Republic/Imperial Commando Series Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:57 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

It is, though like I said before, it isn't at all what you think it would be considering the entire series besides Hard Contact is about clones DESERTING rather than take on special ops.

3Republic/Imperial Commando Series Empty Re: Republic/Imperial Commando Series Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:54 pm

Anakin Skywalker77

Anakin Skywalker77

Im sure it is

4Republic/Imperial Commando Series Empty Re: Republic/Imperial Commando Series Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:29 am

Leia Organa

Leia Organa
Admin

Same here, Anakin. So many people tell me it's a great series though.

5Republic/Imperial Commando Series Empty Re: Republic/Imperial Commando Series Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:13 am

Anakin Skywalker77

Anakin Skywalker77

I havn't read any of this

6Republic/Imperial Commando Series Empty Re: Republic/Imperial Commando Series Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:54 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

I know! Like you might have already read in my previous posts in this thread, I love this series, and I think it was a bummer it couldn't continue. However, i believe sometimes they probably will continue it, even if they have to get another author, just so that they can finish up it's story.

7Republic/Imperial Commando Series Empty Re: Republic/Imperial Commando Series Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:52 am

Jango Nova

Jango Nova

I really liked this whole series. Very Happy Im sad that Karen Traviss no longer is with LFL and that there probably wont be a second Imperial commando :'(

8Republic/Imperial Commando Series Empty Re: Republic/Imperial Commando Series Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:12 pm

I'll check it out.

9Republic/Imperial Commando Series Empty Re: Republic/Imperial Commando Series Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:34 pm

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Well, I just finished Order 66, and let me say that this series has lost the potential the first book gave it. Don't get me wrong, it's still good, but not as good as it could've been. Triple Zero was where it wrong in my opinion. When Traviss started focusing too much on Kal Skirata, and getting clones to desert, it no longer had the feel of being a Repuclic Commando novel. More like Republic Deserter. Razz Anyways, my recommendations are: read the first book definitely. It truly dealt with commandos doing their job, and how they did it. Then, just prepare yourself for the other books to throw that out the window, and read on with the new type of storyline.

Anyways, Order 66 was really good. It was better than Triple Zero and True Colors to say the least. Though, it still focused too much on Skirata and his plans, and not on RCs. But, if you throw your expectations out the window, and just try to enjoy the book, you will enjoy it. It's detailed and suspenseful.
Spoiler:
So I'd definitely give this book a thumbs up, and recommend to all you SW readers. Smile Smile

10Republic/Imperial Commando Series Empty Re: Republic/Imperial Commando Series Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:56 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Ha, wouldn't have guessed. Razz

11Republic/Imperial Commando Series Empty Re: Republic/Imperial Commando Series Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:55 am

Leia Organa

Leia Organa
Admin

That must be why it's familiar!

12Republic/Imperial Commando Series Empty Re: Republic/Imperial Commando Series Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:54 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

He's basically the main character in this series. He was the one of the commando trainers, and basically stole the entire show in Triple Zero and the books that followed it.

13Republic/Imperial Commando Series Empty Re: Republic/Imperial Commando Series Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:52 am

Leia Organa

Leia Organa
Admin

IDK who Kal is. His name sounds so familiar though.

14Republic/Imperial Commando Series Empty Re: Republic/Imperial Commando Series Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:51 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Is it just me, or does Kal Skirata's clothing remind me of Cad Bane's? IDK why, but it does.

15Republic/Imperial Commando Series Empty Re: Republic/Imperial Commando Series Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:55 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

This is a pretty good series. So far, I've read Hard Contact, Triple Zero, and True Colors, all three of them being pretty well written. They can however, get a bit boring and complicated. But the way they're written makes up for it. I definitely recommend this series.

16Republic/Imperial Commando Series Empty Republic/Imperial Commando Series Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:12 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum