Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll

You are not connected. Please login or register

General discussion of little tibits from episodes

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Saesee_Jiim

Saesee_Jiim

Jango Nova wrote:
Saesee_Jiim wrote:Hi as my username might indicate I'm a big fan of Jedi Master Saesee Tiin, and spent many days daydreaming about if having a more experienced Jedi Master would have been better for Anakin. And while watching "Padawan Lost", I was quite fascinated the way Plo Koon was talking to Anakin when the mission was done, very sternly he says to Anakin, "IT IS TIME TO LEAVE!" and Anakin reluctantly calls his troopers back, in a situation where if it were Obi-Wan he'd just ignore his instuctions.

As that litle tidbit shows, Anakin should have been paired with Council member as a Master, Plo Koon would have been good for him, Saesee Tiin would have been a great match because of their close to equal abilities as pilots. And of course Mace or Yoda would have been great matches too. Obi-Wan is too mild-mannered and not strict enough for Anakin. I know for the sake of the movies Obi-Wan had to train him because of Qui-Gon's request, and for continuity reasons in ESB when Obi-Wans ghost says, "I thought I could train him just as well as Yoda... I was wrong".

If it wasn't for those continuity issues the Council should have just said to Obi-Wan, "Obi-Wan, we realize that Qui-Gon's final words to you were to train the boy, but he requires careful training otherwise his fate could destroy the Jedi. You are a great Jedi, but you just graduated from padawan to Knight-hood, and you don't have the experience to provide the training he requires, Master Saesee Tiin is very intrigued by his piloting and mechanical capabilities and has agreed to take him as his first padawan. We are confident in this decision. Qui-Gon likely wanted you to train him because he didn't think we would be willing, so take comfort that he'll be getting the training he requires"

tell me your thoughts on this, and share any tidbits that have intrigued you as well

I do believe that their is a comic out there in where Anakin is With Seasee Tiin during a blockade of a planet. They didn't get a long well with each other because they both have very strong personalities. lol

Yes I have that comic, They're in orbit around Rendilli and Saesee Tiin is in charge and has to prevent the Rendilli ships from escaping, and Anakin tells him about his plan to plant concussion charges on the Rendilli cruisers.
And Master Tiin, replies, "It would be suicide! I have a profound respect for you as a pilot Skywalker, but the guns on a Rendili dreadnaught would cut a starfighter to pieces before it could get near"

Anakin then says "Not in the Angel! You know the modifications I made - and you showed me a few tricks yourself. I know I can outmaneuver anything the Rendili put down.

They definitely would have made quite the pair

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Saesee_Jiim wrote:Hi as my username might indicate I'm a big fan of Jedi Master Saesee Tiin, and spent many days daydreaming about if having a more experienced Jedi Master would have been better for Anakin. And while watching "Padawan Lost", I was quite fascinated the way Plo Koon was talking to Anakin when the mission was done, very sternly he says to Anakin, "IT IS TIME TO LEAVE!" and Anakin reluctantly calls his troopers back, in a situation where if it were Obi-Wan he'd just ignore his instuctions.

As that litle tidbit shows, Anakin should have been paired with Council member as a Master, Plo Koon would have been good for him, Saesee Tiin would have been a great match because of their close to equal abilities as pilots. And of course Mace or Yoda would have been great matches too. Obi-Wan is too mild-mannered and not strict enough for Anakin. I know for the sake of the movies Obi-Wan had to train him because of Qui-Gon's request, and for continuity reasons in ESB when Obi-Wans ghost says, "I thought I could train him just as well as Yoda... I was wrong".

If it wasn't for those continuity issues the Council should have just said to Obi-Wan, "Obi-Wan, we realize that Qui-Gon's final words to you were to train the boy, but he requires careful training otherwise his fate could destroy the Jedi. You are a great Jedi, but you just graduated from padawan to Knight-hood, and you don't have the experience to provide the training he requires, Master Saesee Tiin is very intrigued by his piloting and mechanical capabilities and has agreed to take him as his first padawan. We are confident in this decision. Qui-Gon likely wanted you to train him because he didn't think we would be willing, so take comfort that he'll be getting the training he requires"

tell me your thoughts on this, and share any tidbits that have intrigued you as well
Hey Sassee! Nice to see a new face around here! I'm an administrator here, so if you have any questions or problems you can talk to me, ok?

Jango Nova

Jango Nova

I do believe that their is a comic out there in where Anakin is With Seasee Tiin during a blockade of a planet. They didn't get a long well with each other because they both have very strong personalities. lol

JainaSolo781

JainaSolo781

Hmmm. I like that scenario. I wonder what would have happened had Sease Tinn trained him. wondering

https://www.youtube.com/user/Jacensolo781?feature=mhum

Saesee_Jiim

Saesee_Jiim

Hi as my username might indicate I'm a big fan of Jedi Master Saesee Tiin, and spent many days daydreaming about if having a more experienced Jedi Master would have been better for Anakin. And while watching "Padawan Lost", I was quite fascinated the way Plo Koon was talking to Anakin when the mission was done, very sternly he says to Anakin, "IT IS TIME TO LEAVE!" and Anakin reluctantly calls his troopers back, in a situation where if it were Obi-Wan he'd just ignore his instuctions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum