Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll

You are not connected. Please login or register

Review Thread

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:25 am

JainaSolo781

JainaSolo781

I love the way you write Jedi~Chick, it makes me feel like I am reading a published novel. so, great addition ! Smile

https://www.youtube.com/user/Jacensolo781?feature=mhum

27Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:51 am

Jedi~Chick

Jedi~Chick

Aww, thank you Jaina!!! Very Happy *hugs*

Grievous and Jango Nova: Thanks! I really want to get those books. Smile I have friends who've read them and said they're REALLY good, so I hope to read them soon!!!! Very Happy I'd love to read them. Wink

28Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:20 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Um, ahem, just for the record, although they are a great read, you may want to know two things so you don't get the wrong impression about them-1. only the first one is actually about clone commandos doing what they do best-blowing stuff up while being sneaky. The rest is all about their trainer who gets them to quit and retire. 2. They don't have much impact on the SW universe as a whole, exept for the first one where their was a mission that might decide the outcome of the Clone Wars instead of go "Ooo, here's a great way to quit being a clone!" I just felt I kinda oversold it a little bit as I reread my post just now, LOL.

BTW, great new chapter, and I hope I don't pressure you into adding this if it isn't already there, but I REALLY hope you added the ruins of the old Jedi Enclave on Dantooine while Shadow and Mari are there. I've always been fascinated by that place, LOL. Don't start rewriting your story to fit that in though, LOL, I'm just being overly hopeful Razz

29Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:52 am

Jedi~Chick

Jedi~Chick

LOL! My one friend is in LOVE with the series. She liked all the commandos. Wink Sounds interesting still. I might just check them out from the library instead of buying them. Razz

LOL! Thanks! Wink
Dantooine is important. XD I can't remember actually if I bring it up or not....I too am fascinated by that place! I think I either mention it or something.....OH WAIT! I'm saving it. XDDD That's right! Razz LOL! In the sequel, Mari helps Luke in the whole Jedi Training thing, and I'm saving the Enclave for that. And it may be very non-canon, but I will be messing with the OT a bit in the sequel. Razz LOL! It's in the writing process now, less of the planning. XD Thanks a bunch Grievous! Wink I may ad in the Enclave just for you though. Haha!

30Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:38 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Jedi~Chick wrote:LOL! My one friend is in LOVE with the series. She liked all the commandos. Wink Sounds interesting still. I might just check them out from the library instead of buying them. Razz

LOL! Thanks! Wink
Dantooine is important. XD I can't remember actually if I bring it up or not....I too am fascinated by that place! I think I either mention it or something.....OH WAIT! I'm saving it. XDDD That's right! Razz LOL! In the sequel, Mari helps Luke in the whole Jedi Training thing, and I'm saving the Enclave for that. And it may be very non-canon, but I will be messing with the OT a bit in the sequel. Razz LOL! It's in the writing process now, less of the planning. XD Thanks a bunch Grievous! Wink I may ad in the Enclave just for you though. Haha!
Sweet! After playing the KOTOR games, I fell in love with the place, especially after you got to explore its ruins in the second game and you saw Kreia reveal herself as Darth traya there and kill all the Jedi Masters. (Take that Vrook, I never liked you anyway, you were too mean to be a Jedi Razz ) LOL, BEST SCENE EVER!

31Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:41 am

Jedi~Chick

Jedi~Chick

LOL Awesome!!!!!!!! Very Happy 'I've read up a bit on KOTOR, but I have absolutely NO gaming systems (except a DS) so I can't play them. Razz haha, they sound totally freaking awesome though!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy XD

32Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:09 pm

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Well, the gameplays not that good considering it's alkl turn-based, and they're (especially the second one ) LOADED with glitches that are both annoying and sometimes gameplay stopping if you're trying to help someone out but they're not there like they should be, so I wouldn't get too hyped up about it. BUT, they have the best storylines ever, and that's the main reason I play them. Especially the second game, it had the most twists and turns depending on your choices, it was AMAZING!

33Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:29 pm

Jango Nova

Jango Nova

Um, ahem, just for the record, although they are a great read, you may want to know two things so you don't get the wrong impression about them-1. only the first one is actually about clone commandos doing what they do best-blowing stuff up while being sneaky. The rest is all about their trainer who gets them to quit and retire. 2. They don't have much impact on the SW universe as a whole, exept for the first one where their was a mission that might decide the outcome of the Clone Wars instead of go "Ooo, here's a great way to quit being a clone!" I just felt I kinda oversold it a little bit as I reread my post just now, LOL.

Technically its the first 3 are the missions, its when Order 66 comes down the line that they decided to desert Wink

Havn't had the time to read this next chapter but as soon as i do ill let you know what i think of it Wink

34Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:44 pm

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

But didn't they start thinking/planning of quitting in Triple Zero? And didn't the books focus more on Kal than Omega Squad? Yeah, we still saw missions, but the books we're no longer ABOUT the missions.

35Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:48 pm

Jedi~Chick

Jedi~Chick

Still, it all sounds good Grievous! Wink Do they have KOTOR books? Wink
I've got the Force Unleashed game for my DS, but that's pretty much it. xDDD
Smile Sounds interesting!

36Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:51 pm

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

I think they have KOTOR comic book series, but no official novelization. It would probably take up too many pages, those games are LONG

37Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:41 am

Jedi~Chick

Jedi~Chick

Ah, I see. Smile That's still cool. I'm getting into Comics now. xD

38Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:08 am

Jango Nova

Jango Nova

But didn't they start thinking/planning of quitting in Triple Zero? And didn't the books focus more on Kal than Omega Squad? Yeah, we still saw missions, but the books we're no longer ABOUT the missions.

Nope. Up until Order 66 they were about the missions primarily. Kal was always a secondary character in them Wink

Alright so i had the time to read this new addition and i liked it. Smile No idea how shes going to get off Dantooine if at all cause its sorta mostly abandoned lol cant wait for the next chapter

39Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:17 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Jedi~Chick wrote:Ah, I see. Smile That's still cool. I'm getting into Comics now. xD
I've yet to get used to comic books, I find them dull compared to a good book, IDK why.

Jango Nova wrote:

Nope. Up until Order 66 they were about the missions primarily. Kal was always a secondary character in them Wink

Alright so i had the time to read this new addition and i liked it. Smile No idea how shes going to get off Dantooine if at all cause its sorta mostly abandoned lol cant wait for the next chapter
I've read the books myself, and I can't see how you say that.

Hard Contact-the entire book covers one mission, and the clones thoughts are at the here and now

Triple Zero-they're on a mission, yes, but Kal gets into the picture, HEADS the mission, and gets the clones all whiny about they're lives. The mission and the clones personal matters take up equal amount of the book.

True Colors, there's a mission still yes, but it only takes up the first half of the book, and THAT gets cut in half by Kal's personal mission to find Ko Sai. And by this point in the series, the clones are practically already deserting the army, not defending it. If it weren't for Kal telling them to be patient and wait for the right time so he could stock up on stuff, the series and their jobs would've been over.

In my opinion, the series considerably downgraded from it's original book. They were still good, but the entire series shouldve been renamed at least instead of leading you to believe you'd get a novelized version of the Republic Commando game. They could've at least called it "Republic Deserters" before letting you figure that out for yourself.

40Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:27 am

Jedi~Chick

Jedi~Chick

Thanks Jango! Smile
LOL, I pretty much just made up EVERYTHING in the Dantooine thing. XDD I made up a town, and townspeople, and they're way of getting off the planet. LOL!

41Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:36 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Heh, as long as the townspeople aren't too civilized and live in a kinda village-like town, then it sticks with canon. Oh, and there should be a farmer or two. Just add the sentence "Mari saw several large farms spread throughout the landscape" somewhere randomly in your story and you'll be fine. LOL Review Thread - Page 2 495192

42Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:51 am

Jedi~Chick

Jedi~Chick

LOL!! Well, one of the character that comes in on teh next chapter is a farmer....and the town is pretty much made up of farmers. XDDD SO YAY IT WORKS! LOL!

43Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:47 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Ha, you're so in sync with SW that you're stuck with canon without you knowing it, LOL.Review Thread - Page 2 495192

44Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Jedi~Chick

Jedi~Chick

XDDDDD I'm just awesome like that apparently. Wink LOL!! xDDD
Well, that definitely works to my benefit. Razz

I'm working on the sequel now, and it's no longer canon though. XDDDDD For what I want to happen to happen, it needs to be non-canon. Razz At least non-canon to the books. xD

45Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:09 pm

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

LOL, may be you should forget about the canon and let that awesomeness of yours make it canon for you.Razz

46Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:52 pm

Jedi~Chick

Jedi~Chick

LOL!! The first one probably isn't really /officially/ canon anyway. XD SO YAY FOR MY AWESOMENESS!!!!!
I'll post chapter 4 (?) is that what we're on? xDD Now. Wink

47Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:15 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Ooo, good chapter, very suspenseful. Just a question, DO we see some of Dantooine's native creatures/predators? You mentioned it more than once, so you've gotten me curious.

48Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:37 am

Jedi~Chick

Jedi~Chick

Thank you!! Smile

I think I mention indirectly the creatures, or something close, but I don't think that there is any definite clash between any native creatures and the characters. Razz

Very Happy I'm glad you like it!

49Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:53 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Ok, I was just wondering, looking foward to more.

50Review Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Review Thread Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:25 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Awww, I liked how Mari met her mom. Strangely, I figured that was her in the previous chapter, perhaps because of the use of her mom in the prologue/expecting a bigger picture with her in it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum