Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars The Clone Wars: The Past Seasons

+6
StarWarsTalkShow
Yoda
ARC Trooper
GeneralGrievous505
Jedi~Chick
Dan Grievous
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

General Grievous wrote:I actually think every season had their merits-like you said, S1 had a variety of new villains, S2 showed us more of Poggle, Bane, a Younger Boba Fett, Pre Visla, and a lot of the Underworld type of characters. S3 was kind of a let down, the only good ones were: Savage Oppress, Osi Sobeck, and the Trandoshans. S4 has actually been the season to show us the least viillains so far-the only good one was Tamson. You mentioned Rish Loo, but I also feel that Shadow Warrior in general was a ridiculous episode. If you want to count him as one, sure thing, this is all your free-willed opinion after all, I just felt that Shadow Warrior and anything related to it, with the exception of two scenes, was a bad idea for the team in my own separate opinion.

Season 2 was good because it developed a lot of villains like Cad Bane, Aurra Sing and Hondo. Indeed we did get to see some cool underground characters like Fong Do. Pre Visla was also a nice add. The first half of season 3 was full of minor villains or the odd cool one like Chata Hyoki but he was underused. Savage was a cool villain, so were Sobeck and the Trandoshans but I was annoyed that they all had to die. Riff Tamson was cool and I know Rish Loo isn't that popular, after all he only had a small role but I still liked him.

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

I actually think every season had their merits-like you said, S1 had a variety of new villains, S2 showed us more of Poggle, Bane, a Younger Boba Fett, Pre Visla, and a lot of the Underworld type of characters. S3 was kind of a let down, the only good ones were: Savage Oppress, Osi Sobeck, and the Trandoshans. S4 has actually been the season to show us the least viillains so far-the only good one was Tamson. You mentioned Rish Loo, but I also feel that Shadow Warrior in general was a ridiculous episode. If you want to count him as one, sure thing, this is all your free-willed opinion after all, I just felt that Shadow Warrior and anything related to it, with the exception of two scenes, was a bad idea for the team in my own separate opinion.

General Grievous wrote:
ARC Trooper wrote:
General Grievous wrote:Wow, yesterday I watched a S1 marathon with my DVD set, and let me just say that people far too often forget the great episodes S1 gave us. The Malevolence, R2-D2 dualogy, Cloak of Darkness, and Lair of Grievous were great episodes just in the first ten of the season. There were a lot others throughout the season as well, like the Jedi Crash arc, Trespass, Blue Shadow Virus, Ryloth, and the finale Hostage Crisis.
I never forget these episodes.Especially the ones with the Lurmen.
Yes, I LOVED the Jedi Crash arc, especially Defenders of Peace. I swear, I actually thought Ahsoka might die in that episode, that last battle was against impossible odds-yet the Jedi trio, clone duo, and impromptu Lurmen army managed to stop them!

Dan Grievous wrote:S1 had great episodes! Almost all were epic and memorable!
Yes, they defnitely started the series out on the right foot. Another thing I'd like to mention as well-S1 didn't mess up the EU as much if you think about it. Sure, there was the general Ahsoka messing up the entire timeline thing, that Senate blooper in Hostage Crisis, and maybe a couple others, but they did not mess it up nearly as much as they do now, and have we not been complaining non-stop about these current episodes? Thus supporting my theory that the key to successful episodes is sticking to canon. If they would focus less on creating their own storyline and let the EU guide them, they'd know what is already there asnd fill in the stuff in between. It would also make them reason a bit more on characters, setting, timline, etc. PLEASE TCW, GIVE US A SEASON WITHOUT LOADS OF CANON ERRORS AND SHOW US WHAT YOU'RE REALLY CAPABLE OF!!! LOL, sorry for the long dramatic speech there, I'm good now.Star Wars The Clone Wars: The Past Seasons - Page 7 495192

Season 1 was probably the best season for villains, it just needed a darker tone and more separatist victories. Season 2 was a let down for CIS villains, the only one they developed was Trench but they killed him off after one episode! On season 3 we only had Sobeck and a few minor CIS villains like SIb Canay. Season 4 started off good with Riff Tamson and Rish Loo but since then we haven't really had any good villains...

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

ARC Trooper wrote:
General Grievous wrote:Wow, yesterday I watched a S1 marathon with my DVD set, and let me just say that people far too often forget the great episodes S1 gave us. The Malevolence, R2-D2 dualogy, Cloak of Darkness, and Lair of Grievous were great episodes just in the first ten of the season. There were a lot others throughout the season as well, like the Jedi Crash arc, Trespass, Blue Shadow Virus, Ryloth, and the finale Hostage Crisis.
Yes, I LOVED the Jedi Crash arc, especially Defenders of Peace. I swear, I actually thought Ahsoka might die in that episode, that last battle was against impossible odds-yet the Jedi trio, clone duo, and impromptu Lurmen army managed to stop them!

Dan Grievous wrote:S1 had great episodes! Almost all were epic and memorable!
Yes, they defnitely started the series out on the right foot. Another thing I'd like to mention as well-S1 didn't mess up the EU as much if you think about it. Sure, there was the general Ahsoka messing up the entire timeline thing, that Senate blooper in Hostage Crisis, and maybe a couple others, but they did not mess it up nearly as much as they do now, and have we not been complaining non-stop about these current episodes? Thus supporting my theory that the key to successful episodes is sticking to canon. If they would focus less on creating their own storyline and let the EU guide them, they'd know what is already there asnd fill in the stuff in between. It would also make them reason a bit more on characters, setting, timline, etc. PLEASE TCW, GIVE US A SEASON WITHOUT LOADS OF CANON ERRORS AND SHOW US WHAT YOU'RE REALLY CAPABLE OF!!! LOL, sorry for the long dramatic speech there, I'm good now.Star Wars The Clone Wars: The Past Seasons - Page 7 495192

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

S1 had great episodes! Almost all were epic and memorable!

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Wow, yesterday I watched a S1 marathon with my DVD set, and let me just say that people far too often forget the great episodes S1 gave us. The Malevolence, R2-D2 dualogy, Cloak of Darkness, and Lair of Grievous were great episodes just in the first ten of the season. There were a lot others throughout the season as well, like the Jedi Crash arc, Trespass, Blue Shadow Virus, Ryloth, and the finale Hostage Crisis.

StarWarsTalkShow

StarWarsTalkShow

Eh, maybe I just didn't like the S3 finale due to Ahsoka..Star Wars The Clone Wars: The Past Seasons - Page 7 495192 JK

http://StarWarsTalkShow.blogspot.com

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Agreed, they should focus on 1. improving the season as a whole, and 2. letting the season finale be a little bit better than the rest as far as cliffhangars and action go. I also agree with you that in the long run, the finales don't matter, it's the show in general that matters, and as long as fans keep that in mind, the show ought to have a good long run.

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

General Grievous wrote:
Dan Grievous wrote:The S1 one beats all other finales, Fett, Bossk and Chewbacca were just cheap tricks to make the finales more filled with nostalgia and in the end they were weak and tried to win favour cause of the guest stars, but S1's finale won cause of the first appearances of the great Cad Bane and his episode stood on its own without the aid of OT stuff!

S1 finale is the best!
Indeed it is, not to mention, it had the real feel of a FINALE, not yet another random episode within the season, you know what I mean? Honestly, it practically ended with a cliffhangar, with Bane escaping, Ziro being free, and Ziro having to "pay up" It was just epic! The others were good, I'll hand them that, it WAS nice to see Boba, Bossk, and good ole' Chewie, I just felt though in the end, they amounted to any other episode of the season.

StarWarsTalkShow wrote:That's exactly what I am trying to say, they tried to make the S3 finale good with just characters and not a good story, but worth watching.
Well, I wouldn't go that far, they were really worth watching, and they had decent storylines, it just didn't amount to the expectations we all have of finales after watching Hostage Crisis.

True! S1 ended and S2/S3 like just leak into each other with S4 following... S2's stuff just stopped so S3 could start and S3 ended in the middle of nowhere and many feel that S4 will be just the continue of S3. Like S3 part 1 was some break from everything and that TCW started truly with the Savage arc!
I bet this lazy ending of seasons will not matter that much cause one day we will get all seasons in one epic set where the finales will not matter as they do now, "ending" a season. In such a future, the seasons will fit perfectly into one another but as of now most of the finales feel rushed and pointless! Yet again the "Hostage Crises" fitted very nicely into the following S2 start with the Holocron Heist!
But weak or not, OT nostalgia or TCW produced epicness...the show has proven that it takes chances in all cases and pleases most fans, even those who hated the new features in the saga!

Let's hope S4 makes a better effort at being an episode on its own and not just a timeslot for nostalgic character to gather some attention!

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Dan Grievous wrote:The S1 one beats all other finales, Fett, Bossk and Chewbacca were just cheap tricks to make the finales more filled with nostalgia and in the end they were weak and tried to win favour cause of the guest stars, but S1's finale won cause of the first appearances of the great Cad Bane and his episode stood on its own without the aid of OT stuff!

S1 finale is the best!
Indeed it is, not to mention, it had the real feel of a FINALE, not yet another random episode within the season, you know what I mean? Honestly, it practically ended with a cliffhangar, with Bane escaping, Ziro being free, and Ziro having to "pay up" It was just epic! The others were good, I'll hand them that, it WAS nice to see Boba, Bossk, and good ole' Chewie, I just felt though in the end, they amounted to any other episode of the season.

StarWarsTalkShow wrote:That's exactly what I am trying to say, they tried to make the S3 finale good with just characters and not a good story, but worth watching.
Well, I wouldn't go that far, they were really worth watching, and they had decent storylines, it just didn't amount to the expectations we all have of finales after watching Hostage Crisis.

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

General Grievous wrote:Actually, as far as finale's go, S2's was the worst in my opinion. I know it sounds funny, but I like seeing Chewbacca in the S3 finale more than a young Boba, and like I've said before, Hostage Crisis was just flat out epic with Bane and all.
I agree with you on that.

StarWarsTalkShow

StarWarsTalkShow

That's exactly what I am trying to say, they tried to make the S3 finale good with just characters and not a good story, but worth watching.

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

The S1 one beats all other finales, Fett, Bossk and Chewbacca were just cheap tricks to make the finales more filled with nostalgia and in the end they were weak and tried to win favour cause of the guest stars, but S1's finale won cause of the first appearances of the great Cad Bane and his episode stood on its own without the aid of OT stuff!

S1 finale is the best!

StarWarsTalkShow

StarWarsTalkShow

Really? Wow I thought S2 finale was better than S3, but seeing Chewie does make it a bit tougher to judge which was better and your so right, nothing so far comes close to S1 finale!

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Actually, as far as finale's go, S2's was the worst in my opinion. I know it sounds funny, but I like seeing Chewbacca in the S3 finale more than a young Boba, and like I've said before, Hostage Crisis was just flat out epic with Bane and all.

StarWarsTalkShow

StarWarsTalkShow

BTW seeing the S2 finale on the video just made me think back on how awesome that season finale was! S3 could of took lessons from that....

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Dan Grievous wrote:THIS IS MY VIDEO TRIBUTE/LOOK BACK/ MUSIC VIDEO DEDICATED TO THE PAST SEASONS OF THE CLONE WARS!!!

That was GREAT! I loved it!

StarWarsTalkShow

StarWarsTalkShow

Sweet can't wait to have you on!

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

StarWarsTalkShow wrote:
Dan Grievous wrote:THIS IS MY VIDEO TRIBUTE/LOOK BACK/ MUSIC VIDEO DEDICATED TO THE PAST SEASONS OF THE CLONE WARS!!!

Sweet video Dan! You should come on my show!

I would be honored to come on the show!

StarWarsTalkShow

StarWarsTalkShow

Sweet video Dan! You should come on my show!

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

Just wanted to share! Wink Thanks for watching!

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

Already watched it Dan.Its good.

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

THIS IS MY VIDEO TRIBUTE/LOOK BACK/ MUSIC VIDEO DEDICATED TO THE PAST SEASONS OF THE CLONE WARS!!!

StarWarsTalkShow

StarWarsTalkShow

Yeah I know what you mean.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum