Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

+5
SWneedsSASR
Dan Grievous
Anakin Skywalker77
ARC Trooper
GeneralGrievous505
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 14]

276Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:00 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

That's possible CIS. I mean, it's not like they could just crank out a number of those things and expect them all to be perfect. For the sake of getting another one built fast, they may have made it weaker, and having a smaller blast radius.

I agree, as a Grievous fan, I was very glad to see Grivous so much this episode. I also loved how he took on all of those Nightsister zombies all at the same time with almost no help. I mean, I could've sworn he was a goner a couple times in that scene, but he managed to take all of them down. That's an epic Grievous moment right there...

277Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:24 am

I think you might be right there ARC maybe they didn't want to show us Nightsisters being burned to death because of the younger audience, the episode was already quite dark as it was, not that I'm complaining. I don't remember seeing any Nightsisters getting killed by the Defoliator, maybe after Lok Durd was captured the CIS made a less powerful version of the Defoliatior...

Good point there I don't think Grievous really needed any help from the Magnaguards, one of the good things about this episode was that we got to see Grievous get in the action himself.

278Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:40 pm

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Yeah, LOL, I kinda wish we had seen some of the get a little toasty though, it almost makes the defoiliator seem to be there just to be there. But then again, that tooo is a good excuse when involving something like that, LOL.

279Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:40 pm

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

I noticed that about the Defoliator too. Perhaps the y didnt wanted to show us burning Nightsisters,because they consider it still a kid's show.LOL! There was no way the nightsisters could survive the guns blast in the two shots we had.

280Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:18 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

I will agree, I thought the Defoliator's range of, well, defoiliating was bit smaller than in Defender's of Peace.

I kinda liked how the droids just stood there for orders, much more robotic and emotionless like they should be. Remember, they have no independency, and without direct, concise orders to them and them alone, they are kind of helpless.

LOL, I just noticed that about the Magnaguards! Considering it was mainly Grievous one on one with Ventress though, I think that can be excused. It also shows the army's and its commander's power-they don't need any special droids to win the day, they are tough enough on their own!

281Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:23 pm

Although Massacre was an awesome episode, the defoliator didn't really seem to be very as powerful as the one we saw back in S1 am I the only one who thought this?

The only other negatives about the episode was that the droids were just stood there when Dooku was suffering and we didn't get to see MagnaGuards in action. Don't get me wrong I loved the episode, I just wanted to point out the problems that I had noticed.

282Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:58 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

LOl, I was talking with a friend today who managed to see massacre and he said he really liked it too. I guess it's a unanimous vote then-Katie Lucas is an amazing writer on the show and Massacre was an awesome episode, LOL!

283Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:14 am

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

Although the Umbara episodes are my favorites of the whole series,I too agree that Massacre is better than Carnage of Krell. I finally watched with Massacre the CIS how I imagined them.

284Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:50 am

Although Carnage of Krell was an awesome episode its not really a better episode than Massacre, I mean Krell the villain who made the episode so awesome was wasted when he was killed off, a lot more could have been done with him. I also didn't like how the republic had somehow managed to win the battle of Umbara at the last minute, the happy ending just felt forced in and there has been quite a bit of lazy writing this season. Carnage of Krell also had Rex in it which was a negative thing about the episode for me, I liked how Massacre showed us a battle with villains going against each other, I get fed up of all the heroes vs villains episodes.

After seeing Grievous earn the CIS a victory on this episode, I really want to see an episode where he gets a victory against the republic, I don't mind him being cowardly, but he still needs to kill more Jedi and win more light saber duels.

285Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:30 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Dan Grievous wrote:
General Grievous wrote:Here's my link to my official review.

http://starwarsunderworld.blogspot.com/2012/02/massacre-review.html

I think I gave this episode the praise it deserved. BTW, did you guys notice how militaristic this episode was compared to other TCW episodes? I mean, it truly got the right combonation of Star Wars and milatary. Katie Lucas for the win!

The episode was perfection! MY NEW NUMBER ONE!

You must know that the Grievous vs Ventress was not only present in the duel. The entire episode they were fighting each other - it was her army vs his army! And his army for the first time in ages was really threating!

We got nods to the old seasons with the DEFOLIATOR and zombies - two elements that alone made the episode for me!

And the CIS/Grievous victory made the episode even better! While I still adore "Lair of Grievous", in that episode Grievous's victory was incomplete and bitter in the end as Fisto escaped and Dooku scolded him!
Here Grievous gave many kills and was victorious COMPLETELY! And I have watched the scene where he attacks the cave and kills Daka about a million times as it is so good and rewarding for a true Grievous fan like myself!

btw: What do you mean by "The only episode I've seen this season that's been better was Carnage of Krell."

If you mean that this episode, with its CIS VICTORY and GRIEVOUS being the REAL Grievous, is not as good as "Carnage of Krell" then I so disagree with that statement!

This episode had everything going for it and was genius! Everything was done right - from the visuals to the awesome story!

Carnage of Krell was amazing BUT...
it had the lame and really boring Rex and 501st! This is where the two episode differ and "Massacre" is the better one. In the my number one, all characters are cool and complex and intersting while in "Carnage of Krell" most of us were sick of Rex's spineless and stupid character! And seeing the clones suffer in that umbaran episode did not make me care for them! In "Massacre" I actually cared for Dooku and felt sorry for him (And I have been bashing Dooku for sucking since Dac this season) and this episode made me care for him - that is an accomplishment!
LOL, hey Dan, been missin' ya lately! Anyway, glad to have you back and all, figured you of all people would like the episode.

Yeah, I did say that Carnage of Krell was better, but I did that mainly because I was trying to take my nuttiness for all things Grievous out of the equation and not be bias. Although there are a few people like you and me who absolutely love the droid general, I noticed that not too many people want to see the many Grievous rants I could've gone on. Personally for me, I think Massacre was a better episode. But I also didn't want to make it look like I was only liking this amazing episode just because Grievous was in it, because it had some other pretty cool things in it too. Hence, why I said Carnage was better. I actually meant to come off saying the two were equal or at least close to each other in awesomeness but after reading it through again I think I kinda failed at that, LOL.

ARC Trooper wrote:I posted my video for "Massacre" in the FB page too
Good vid, and nice way to end it too-showing poor old Ventress all alone...

286Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:21 pm

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

I posted my video for "Massacre" in the FB page too

287Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:44 pm

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

General Grievous wrote:Here's my link to my official review.

I think I gave this episode the praise it deserved. BTW, did you guys notice how militaristic this episode was compared to other TCW episodes? I mean, it truly got the right combonation of Star Wars and milatary. Katie Lucas for the win!

The episode was perfection! MY NEW NUMBER ONE!

You must know that the Grievous vs Ventress was not only present in the duel. The entire episode they were fighting each other - it was her army vs his army! And his army for the first time in ages was really threating!

We got nods to the old seasons with the DEFOLIATOR and zombies - two elements that alone made the episode for me!

And the CIS/Grievous victory made the episode even better! While I still adore "Lair of Grievous", in that episode Grievous's victory was incomplete and bitter in the end as Fisto escaped and Dooku scolded him!
Here Grievous gave many kills and was victorious COMPLETELY! And I have watched the scene where he attacks the cave and kills Daka about a million times as it is so good and rewarding for a true Grievous fan like myself!

btw: What do you mean by "The only episode I've seen this season that's been better was Carnage of Krell."

If you mean that this episode, with its CIS VICTORY and GRIEVOUS being the REAL Grievous, is not as good as "Carnage of Krell" then I so disagree with that statement!

This episode had everything going for it and was genius! Everything was done right - from the visuals to the awesome story!

Carnage of Krell was amazing BUT...
it had the lame and really boring Rex and 501st! This is where the two episode differ and "Massacre" is the better one. In the my number one, all characters are cool and complex and intersting while in "Carnage of Krell" most of us were sick of Rex's spineless and stupid character! And seeing the clones suffer in that umbaran episode did not make me care for them! In "Massacre" I actually cared for Dooku and felt sorry for him (And I have been bashing Dooku for sucking since Dac this season) and this episode made me care for him - that is an accomplishment!

288Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:57 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Here's my link to my official review.

289Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:00 am

ARC Trooper wrote:Hey right now the TV is playing season 1 episodes 5-8 ! I missed those eps.

about the...massacre. It was indeed awesome! The best Grievous episode in my opinion.
I enjoyed this CIS victory! when was the last time we had one?
and the next episode will be good too.

Well most of the CIS victories happen off screen, some of them are mentioned in the news reels. We have had episodes where the CIS gain the upper hand in battles for a while like the battle of Dac, but they normally end up losing when in the end. It was also more of a CIS victory in the Zygerrian arc it just wasn't really addressed.

Cloak of Darkness, Lair of Grievous, Jedi Crash, Holocron Heist, Supply Lines, Heroes on Both Sides, Monster and Witches of the Mist are other episodes where we get to see CIS victories. I think this episode is the best CIS victory episode because we actually get to see them win a full scale battle - Ventress and Talzin are the only survivors that we know of. The only other episode where we got to see a big battle with the CIS winning was Supply Lines, but on that episode we had no CIS villain leading the battle droids which was a shame and it was also set before the Ryloth arc from S1 where the republic ended up winning. Other battles where we have seen the CIS win have been really brief sadly like Devaron and Felucia.

290Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:52 am

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

Hey right now the TV is playing season 1 episodes 5-8 ! I missed those eps.

about the...massacre. It was indeed awesome! The best Grievous episode in my opinion.
I enjoyed this CIS victory! when was the last time we had one?
and the next episode will be good too.

291Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:23 pm

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

ARC Trooper wrote:Yeah I just saw the preview. And hey! Boba is back too!
True! Now we have 3 OT bountyu hunters, LOL!

Alright, Massacre was AMAZING! General Grievous captured Dathomir, killed a BUNCH of Nightsisters including those creepy resurrected ones, and humiliated Ventress. GRIEVOUS FOR THE WIN!!! Seriously, one of the best Grievous episodes I've ever seen, and for a GG nut like myself, that's good enough for me. But even without Grievous leading the charge, this was still a great episode. Lots of action, but also a progressively intense storyline involving some of the most powerful Nightsister magic and lots of death in the CIS's wake. Next to Carnage of Krell, the best episode of the season without a doubt.

292Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:31 pm

Well
this episode was pretty awesome, it was nice to have a villain centric
episode without any of the main heroes getting in the way. It was nice
to see the battle droids in action again we haven't really had much of
that this season. Grievous was pretty epic in this episode he was taking
down those night sister zombies like they were nothing. Its a shame
that the duel with him and Ventress wasn't longer, but I was really
pleased to see a CIS victory on screen.

293Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:50 am

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

Yeah I just saw the preview. And hey! Boba is back too!

294Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:27 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

I know, I'm pretty excited to see it again too.

LOL, it appears I was right! I just saw a clip showing both Dengar and Bossk in the episode after Massacre. LOL, I'm probably more psyched about that than I should be, but I don't really care, LOL.

295Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:20 pm

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

I still cant believe we're about to see Loc Durds secret weapon again. Im so exctited!

296Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:44 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

CISFANBOY wrote:Lets just hope they don't do something stupid like end the season with Maul getting jailed, it would also be lame if he was to get killed by Obi Wan I mean what would be the point of bringing him back just to have him get killed by the same person again... Hopefully Maul will survive this season I just hope that they actually spend a lot with the sith characters in future episodes and give them there own stories instead of just having them return just to fight the main trio.
LOL, I don't think they will. I mean, let's face it, you literally just CAN'T jail Darth Maul, and I remember hearing somewhere that they won't kill him off this season either. As for "the main trio" situation, I think the only one that will actually get that much screentime will be Kenobi, this seems to focus more on the CIS vs. the Nightsisters. BTW, I think we might get a lot of good Grievous action on this episode, I mean we've all seen the previews of Dathomir being half-obliterated (by a certain weapon made by Lok Durd if you pay attention well in the preview) and we know Grievous will get a lot of screentime, whether good or bad (the latter unlikely since the previews give the impression that Ventress and the Nightsisters will be more on the defensive/on the run..of course I could be wrong and we all get another Shadow Warrior mishap but hey, "let's keep a little optimism here", LOL!)

CISFANBOY wrote:There is also a rumor going around that Dave Filoni has said that there will be two OT based bounty hunters in this arc, one of them will most likely be Dengar and I'm hoping the other one will be IG-88? Who do you reckon will be the other OT bounty hunter in this arc?
I definitely agree Dengar will appear, I remember hearing that he'll pop his toilet-paper head up sometime this season. As for the second, we may get Bossk again considering he had very little screentime in the bounty hunter arc and I remember hearing that he would be "coming back" this season. Whether that short cameo in Decpetion qualifies as a true return or not, I have no idea. I think IG-88 is also another good possibilty, and perhas even 4-LOM or Zuckess. I'll guess we'll have to see.

BTW, I'm actually somewhat mad with the arc at this point-we finally know how Maul is going to move around without simply hopping like a vegetable with just a stub of a lower body-he has robotic legs. THAT'S A RIP-OFF OF ONE OF THE MOST NON-CANON SW COMIC BOOKS OUT THERE!!! WHY!? I mean, it's one thing to ruin canon, but then rip-off from non-canon? That's really beginning to stretch already incredibly thin boundaries.

297Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:58 pm

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

I heard that too. I cant imagine wich bounty hunters will be.

298Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:47 pm

There is also a rumor going around that Dave Filoni has said that there will be two OT based bounty hunters in this arc, one of them will most likely be Dengar and I'm hoping the other one will be IG-88? Who do you reckon will be the other OT bounty hunter in this arc?

299Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:52 pm

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

Im sure Maul will survive this season.After all that's what Filoni wrote in his FB page as far as I remember. You know,about why mother Talzin is so much interested in Savage and Maul....

300Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Lets just hope they don't do something stupid like end the season with Maul getting jailed, it would also be lame if he was to get killed by Obi Wan I mean what would be the point of bringing him back just to have him get killed by the same person again... Hopefully Maul will survive this season I just hope that they actually spend a lot with the sith characters in future episodes and give them there own stories instead of just having them return just to fight the main trio.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum