Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4

+16
Ben HartAttack
Yoda
Jedi~Chick
StarWarsTalkShow
Dan Grievous
Doma11
Ahsokasister
Anakin Skywalker77
Leia Organa
BarrissOffee1297
Jango Nova
SWneedsSASR
ARC Trooper
Ashoka2898
JainaSolo781
GeneralGrievous505
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 40]

1Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:19 am

I agree with Dan the Umbara arc dragged on it would have been better and more enjoyable for me if it was only 2 episodes long, the arc was very repetitive up until Carnage of Krell.

-------

https://swunderworld.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=437

2Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:07 am

Yes we have had villain centric episodes and they were good but Boba, Bane and Savage aren't even CIS villains and Ventress is no longer in the CIS either. The closest thing we have had to a CIS centric episode was Heroes on both Sides on S3. This season we will probably have a few villain centric arcs, but they won't be focusing on CIS villains. There is plenty of stuff that they could do with the CIS, they just can't be bothered to do it...

3Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:41 pm

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Now, I'm no expert on war movies or anything, but I've seen a couple that usually based the POV of solely the Americans (in America at least) to show what the soldiers themselves went through. They didn't have the luxery of being able to see and know the enemy. Often, they just had to fight them. Now, I'm not saying every arc should be like Umbara, but in my opinion, having just one arc based like this wasn't a bad idea.

4Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:43 am

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

General Grievous wrote:
CISFANBOY wrote:Most of the Umbara arc was very hard to enjoy unless you were a big fan of the clones, without Krell the arc would have been as bad as Mortis for me. Some people here aren't big fans of the battle droids so if there was an arc focusing entirely on them where the only enemy was some under developed republic race I'm sure there would be some complaints.

I am always going to be unhappy about all of the clone episodes unless they start doing the same with the CIS and when I say I want to see CIS centric arcs it would not have to be battle droids, what about separatist leaders, separatist commanders, mercenaries working for the CIS or even Dooku's dark acolytes like Sora Bulq?
Well, let's be fair, they have given us a couple of said episodes. The Nightsisters trilogy for example. That was almost entirely villain based, and I'll be the first to admit it was the highlight of S3. What about Death Trap? That one was primarily Boba's POV, with only a few scenes showing Mace, Anakin, and Admiral Killian or whatever his name was. So yes, we could possibly use some more villain centered episodes, but the team has given us a few.

THE UMBARA ARC was still really bad! It had stuff for only two episodes! BUT they STRETCHED it out for FOUR episodes and it was painful!

Sorry but I can not stand episodes around clones and JUST THE SAME BORING 501st Clones! If they changed from time to time to Cody's men then it would have been better.
Sadly they did not! 14 minutes an episode of clones being emo and sharing fewiiiings was too much!

If we had a nice change for 5 minutes from the stupid 501st would have been a breath of fresh air... lol

Maybe the majority of viewers were brainwashed by giving us major C**P before Umbara to make us desparate for good episodes! Still I found the Umbara episodes undermining and boring! They had potential but suffered by the problem of episodes from the last three episodes - TOO MUCH TALKING!

Yes, I know there was Rookiees and ARC Troopers, but that still involved the Jedi and the villains' POV, not solely the clones.

Good episodes do not stand and give us the POV of just one character! THAT IS Blast STUPID! That is why all movies - big and small - give us POVs of all involved in a event and that works.

5Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:56 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

CISFANBOY wrote:Most of the Umbara arc was very hard to enjoy unless you were a big fan of the clones, without Krell the arc would have been as bad as Mortis for me. Some people here aren't big fans of the battle droids so if there was an arc focusing entirely on them where the only enemy was some under developed republic race I'm sure there would be some complaints.

I am always going to be unhappy about all of the clone episodes unless they start doing the same with the CIS and when I say I want to see CIS centric arcs it would not have to be battle droids, what about separatist leaders, separatist commanders, mercenaries working for the CIS or even Dooku's dark acolytes like Sora Bulq?
Well, let's be fair, they have given us a couple of said episodes. The Nightsisters trilogy for example. That was almost entirely villain based, and I'll be the first to admit it was the highlight of S3. What about Death Trap? That one was primarily Boba's POV, with only a few scenes showing Mace, Anakin, and Admiral Killian or whatever his name was. So yes, we could possibly use some more villain centered episodes, but the team has given us a few.

6Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:31 am

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

General Grievous wrote:I thought Umbara was great. Yeah yeah, we had no villain, but the whole point of it was to show it like a war movie, not our usual TCW episodes. I think that showing things from the clones point of view and ONLY the clones point of view was interesting, the only other episode that's ever done that was Clone Cadets, and that was during the clone's training excercises, not during real combat. Yes, I know there was Rookiees and ARC Troopers, but that still involved the Jedi and the villains' POV, not solely the clones.

The only episode in Umbara that was slowed down by this POV was Plan of Dissent.If they had cut out some of the fisrt ten minutes and combined the episode with Carnage of Krell, perhaps somewhere after all the clones killed each other and Krell is suspected to be a traitor, it would have been alright.

Not to mention, for those of you complaining about a lack of villain, Krell WAS that villain. The whole point of it was that we didn't know entirely who the enemy was until it was nearly too late. It was supposed to be a surprise! If they had shown some CIS scenes involving Krell, then Carnage of Krell would have no major twist because we would have already known that Krell was a traitor!
Thats exactly the same thing I think about Umbara.

7Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:26 am

Most of the Umbara arc was very hard to enjoy unless you were a big fan of the clones, without Krell the arc would have been as bad as Mortis for me. Some people here aren't big fans of the battle droids so if there was an arc focusing entirely on them where the only enemy was some under developed republic race I'm sure there would be some complaints.

8Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:58 pm

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

I thought Umbara was great. Yeah yeah, we had no villain, but the whole point of it was to show it like a war movie, not our usual TCW episodes. I think that showing things from the clones point of view and ONLY the clones point of view was interesting, the only other episode that's ever done that was Clone Cadets, and that was during the clone's training excercises, not during real combat. Yes, I know there was Rookiees and ARC Troopers, but that still involved the Jedi and the villains' POV, not solely the clones.

The only episode in Umbara that was slowed down by this POV was Plan of Dissent.If they had cut out some of the fisrt ten minutes and combined the episode with Carnage of Krell, perhaps somewhere after all the clones killed each other and Krell is suspected to be a traitor, it would have been alright.

Not to mention, for those of you complaining about a lack of villain, Krell WAS that villain. The whole point of it was that we didn't know entirely who the enemy was until it was nearly too late. It was supposed to be a surprise! If they had shown some CIS scenes involving Krell, then Carnage of Krell would have no major twist because we would have already known that Krell was a traitor!

9Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:25 pm

I agree the Umbaran tech was very impressive, I also liked the super tanks on S2 they were pretty cool CIS tech.

I am a fan of the CIS, but that isn't the only reason why I didn't like Umbara, I mean they should never do arcs where they focus on one side entirely it is just too much, if there had been a little bit of focus on the CIS it would have made the story a lot better seeing it from both sides point of view.

If they did a CIS centric arc, I would still want to see the face of the enemy and have them shown a little bit. I mean take Mercy Mission for instance on that episode they focused entirely on the droids and by the end of Nomad Droids I was really fed up with R2-D2 and C3-PO. I have enjoyed past episodes that have focused on R2 like Duel of the Droids, we had a cool fight with him and R3 and but the episode also focused a few other things as well. In past seasons where there was more variety I used to appreciate characters like R2 and Rex, but now I am fed up with them after the S4 episodes.

10Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:28 pm

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

ARC Trooper wrote:Youre just saying this because they showed things only from the Republic point of view.Or not?

Partly that! But because it was awful in terms of content!

11Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:35 pm

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

Youre just saying this because they showed things only from the Republic point of view.Or not?

12Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:19 pm

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

ARC Trooper wrote:But the Umbarans had more impressive war machines than the other CIS armies.Dont you agree?

Umbara was one of the worst arcs! Krell and the cool tech in "The General" were the only good thing! Without them I would say that this arc could beat all other poodo arcs!

13Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:24 am

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

But the Umbarans had more impressive war machines than the other CIS armies.Dont you agree?

14Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:21 am

Well it wouldn't be that hard for them to let us know I mean when they could just write it on at the beginning of the episode before the fortune cookie is shown and tell us which episode it is a prequel to. What confused me with the prequels was that some of the episodes in S1 and S2 hadn't aired in the right order and they didn't bother to tell us.

15Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:17 am

I didn't enjoy the Geonosis episodes that much but we did have Poggle one of my favorite villains and we also had a few others even though they only had small roles. The battledroids and Geonosians were also a better enemy than the under developed Umabrans. Things were also more varied with the Jedi and the clones in that arc.

16Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:16 am

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

Season 3 was really confusing.Although I like prequel episodes,perhaps it is better if they stop making them,just to stop this confusion we are talking about.

17Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:14 am

I don't mind prequel episodes, as long as it is made clear where they take place. S3 really confused me with the time line and they didn't really go too any trouble explaining things to the fans.

18Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:14 am

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

Thats the same thing Dan is telling.

19Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:12 am

They should have developed the Umbarans a little bit on Umbara it would have made the story a lot better, the reason S1 was so good was because it showed things from both sides point of view.

I can't say Umbara was one of my favorite arcs, I didn't like the lack of CIS villains, but Krell was awesome and the Umbarans had some pretty cool tech.

20Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:10 am

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

They said that there wont be any more prequels.But you never can be sure.

21Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:09 am

I really hope they make some prequel episodes with Krell at some point I mean a lot of things were unexplained with him, I mean did he know Palpatine was the sith lord and why was he even sent to Umbara in the first place?

22Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:05 am

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

CISFANBOY wrote:One thing that annoyed me about the Umbara arc was that they never really explained why the Umbarans had joined the separatists, it would have been nice to have seen a little bit of the senate in that arc and Sly Moore should have finally made an appearance.
Good point there.

23Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:04 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Yeah, Umbara definitely deserved a prequel, or maybe two considering I REALLY wanted to see that space battle.

24Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:01 am

One thing that annoyed me about the Umbara arc was that they never really explained why the Umbarans had joined the separatists, it would have been nice to have seen a little bit of the senate in that arc and Sly Moore should have finally made an appearance.

25Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:14 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Jango Nova wrote:In all honesty that nothing compared to what they have done with this series... >.>
Lol. True that.
Dan Grievous wrote:
General Grievous wrote:Because in Kidnapped, Anakin wasn't there when Obi-wan told Ahsoka about his past. However, in Slaves of the Republic, Anakin starts talking to Ahsoka about his past as if she already knew. But if he wasn't there for that conversation, how would he have known that Ahsoka knew about his past? Confusing, right?

The problem with the arc is exactly in two things:

1. IT IS A LATE ARC

2. IT IS A SHORTER ARC IN THE SHOW THAN IT WAS IN THE FORM OF COMIC

The converstations or Ahsoka being surprised about Anakin being a slave right after the movie where he did not want to talk about it. Now MONTHS have passed and it is weird that these two bland characters have not even shared a word about each other. How can I be invested in such characters that do not communicate or have some emotions, real emotions and not just barbie doll emotions!

And now follows the second part of the problem...
THe arc about the Zygerrians was spread in 6 issues and that is like 6 episodes! And in the show it is 3 episodes! I still think a lot of stuff was thrown out in the garbage. aurra OR THERE IS A DELETED SCENE with the talk that is set between the rescue party comes on Zygerria!

That is the reason why we jump from "Ahsoka: ANI is a slave?!" to "Ani: MY mother was sold in such a store!"... It is not a big deal in the end as the scenes with Ani&Ahsoka are painful and boring!
Wow, I didn'tknow that about the comic book series. That does explain a lot actually.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 40]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum