Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4

+16
Ben HartAttack
Yoda
Jedi~Chick
StarWarsTalkShow
Dan Grievous
Doma11
Ahsokasister
Anakin Skywalker77
Leia Organa
BarrissOffee1297
Jango Nova
SWneedsSASR
ARC Trooper
Ashoka2898
JainaSolo781
GeneralGrievous505
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 40]

251Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:53 pm

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

General Grievous wrote:Sorry Dan, but I have to agree with SASR. You're wanting something complicated out of something simple. This is a war movie based on the clone POV, a type of thing that we've sen a lot of in real war movies. Not EVERY episode needs a villain. That can actually get boring after all, if we see nothing but the exact same thing-Intro to Republic Heroes, Intro to Separatist leaders, Big War, Victor comes out, THE END. This is showing us what some actual war movies are like-just plain and simple, showing us the side of the front-line soldiers. You're expecting a villain and something complex, whenever not EVERY episode needs that and the Umbara arc being an example of that!

Now, there is one thing that I would've like to have seen so far, and I think even Dan would agree with me. We need to see how the war is affecting the OTHER clone legions out on Umbara. I'd have love to see Kenobi's legion or, even better, Tiin's legion and see what they're going through. Although I love seeing the 501st's story in depth, I would also like to see th others after the 501st's story is done. However, considering there's only one episode left and the 501st's story is still not done, I HIGHLY doubt that we'll get even a morsel of that.

I AGREE CAUSE I HAVE SAID THAT thing over and over before! Or did you just see the villain thing! I DO NOT ONLY WANT TO SEE A VILLAIN! JUST A DIFFERENT VIEW on this battle!

I merely want something that is different from the bland 501st!

I have said at least a couple times on this forum that we have managed to see so much of the 501st and not even a glimpse of Master Tiin!

HERE IS MY QUOTE from earlier:::

At this point, the show should do at least half a season focused on the dark side and forget the stinkin clones for at least a dozen episodes. Currently I hate Rex as much as Anakin. I would have not if the show allowed itself to show us different sections of the battle of Umbara - the part with Kenobi and Cody, the part with Master Tiin in the air, the part with Barriss and Ahsoka and so on...
Staying at one place and focusing on the same bland and boring bunch white armor-wearing morons is like eating tasteless Rice Cakes every day for a month! In the end, you want to vomit or hit a person who makes eat more of them! THAT is how all these stupid clone feel to me - like bland and tasteless food!

Last edited by Dan Grievous on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

252Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:35 pm

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Sorry Dan, but I have to agree with SASR. You're wanting something complicated out of something simple. This is a war movie based on the clone POV, a type of thing that we've sen a lot of in real war movies. Not EVERY episode needs a villain. That can actually get boring after all, if we see nothing but the exact same thing-Intro to Republic Heroes, Intro to Separatist leaders, Big War, Victor comes out, THE END. This is showing us what some actual war movies are like-just plain and simple, showing us the side of the front-line soldiers. You're expecting a villain and something complex, whenever not EVERY episode needs that and the Umbara arc being an example of that!

Now, there is one thing that I would've like to have seen so far, and I think even Dan would agree with me. We need to see how the war is affecting the OTHER clone legions out on Umbara. I'd have love to see Kenobi's legion or, even better, Tiin's legion and see what they're going through. Although I love seeing the 501st's story in depth, I would also like to see th others after the 501st's story is done. However, considering there's only one episode left and the 501st's story is still not done, I HIGHLY doubt that we'll get even a morsel of that.

253Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:17 pm

SWneedsSASR

SWneedsSASR

Good arguments Dan, but I still feel that this is more of a fog of war episode, the infantry man does not get to see the person sitting behind the enemy fighters, thats more of a jedi thing, and since we are focussing on the Rex and the way he handels Krell's style of leadership, there isn't really any NEED for such view of an enemy leader becuase the story isnt focussed about them, although they were supposed to show us the dark side of killing organics I suppose they never realy got around to it. The Clone Wars will never be as complex and diverse as the masterpeices of Tarantino however you point is quite valid as even the movie, The Longest Day, the black and white film of Operation Overlord from which many episodes and scenes of the CW draw their inspirations from, constantly switched back and forth between a diverse range of Allied and Axis Characters, both offiicers and infantry men to provide a broad sense of the story revolving the conflict. Pherhaps one could say they are taking the Saving Private Ryan approach of a war movie by showing the soldiers perspective, which as we know turned out quite well, although it had plenty of plot twists and different skirmishes to keep you entertained, and with umbara I thinkt hey did a pretty good job, you dont have to be a 'Clone Fan' to admire (even though the eps use the same formula) how the story of umbara was pieced together, it has a good mix of action and storyline and the clones continue to show their courage and divide, however the Case, lets hope this final episode really does deliver, Whilst unlikely, It would be kinda intresting to see a full swing mutiny upon krell with the 501st, judging by the way his voice sounded and his expression in the preview of the next ep, it seems to have happened to him before, "thats how it always starts..."

254Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:01 pm

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

General Grievous wrote:True, we have had other clone episodes before, but with the exception of Clone Cadets, they've always involved something bigger that we see the point of view from. In Rookiees, we continually saw the Jedi's and Grievou's POV. It ruined the whole feel of a "this is a clones only episode". Same with ARC Troopers.

BOO HOO, the Rookies episode was perfect as it was! If it was like the ones from Umbara, it would have sucked badly! Grievous and the Jedi were minimal and barely in it and fit perfectly as was the case with Arc Troopers.

All in all... saying that Grievous ruined Rookies is kinda incorrect! Seeing the face of the attacker makes the episode more stable and not a mess like the Umbaran episodes!

But as of this friday the arc will total 88 minutes - the lengh of an entire movie and in almost no big feature do we follow just a handful of characters. In order one long movie to work it needs different characters to offer different points of view. For instance, the Tarantino movies like Pulp Fiction are crazy and complex, but have such a wide selection of characters that offer a wider point of view on couple of events, which are the focus of the film!

With the said, having the majority of the arc to clones is perfectly fine, but in the sense that they are presenting nothing but the clone point of view which makes the Umbaran Battle seem one-layered.
For instance, having the Clones feewiings would be great if they cut from time to time to others involved in this conflict like the Umbarans. ESPECIALLY THEM! After all this is their planet and yet we have seen nothing nor heard anything regarding their motives and how they are taking this attack on their home.
When back in S3 Kamino got attacked by my fave Grievous, the clones went berserk on how could the CIS attack their home and how it could affect them. AGAIN a CLONE STORY!

Yet, now we get a battle on a CIS planet of Umbara and we get NOTHING of how the clone actions are affecting them or to begin with explaining why join the CIS since the UMBARANS have clearly better arms than the CIS and not much of us get why such an advance race would need help from my beloved confederates...

But that is one of the major downers for this arc - the lack of the OTHER side!

255Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:36 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

True, we have had other clone episodes before, but with the exception of Clone Cadets, they've always involved something bigger that we see the point of view from. In Rookiees, we continually saw the Jedi's and Grievou's POV. It ruined the whole feel of a "this is a clones only episode". Same with ARC Troopers.

256Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:12 pm

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

General Grievous wrote:SASR does have a point. We've been asking for episodes like these for a while, or at least a lot of people have. I'm personally glad the team's done it, they've done a great job at showing us things from the actual view of the clones, and they've actually stepped up the action and violence of the episodes, making them more war-like. I must admit, I can see why last episoe might get some criticsm as it was very slow in building up and kind of let us down on the action, but the other two, especially Darkness on Umbara have pulled it off very well. We also have to look at things like this-Krell is the type of Jedi that we always knew but never saw. For the longest, we'd known about these rough Jedi who treated clones like dirt, but the show had only been showing us the Jedi that were actually good leaders who cared for their men. Now, we finally have the full spectrum, and it needs to be explored thoroughly before we run right back into the Jedi the clones look up to.

Of course, you are too blown away by the visuals to see the epic possibilities this arc could have achieved!

"I'm personally glad the team's done it, they've done a great job at showing us things from the actual view of the clones"

You are saying it like we have not had the episodes "Rookies" , "Clone Cadets" and "Arc Troopers"... I must say that the moment with the view of the clones they outdo themselves.
Three identical pointless episodes of the same scenarios and dialogues! Should I refer myself to my earlier post?!

Krell says something military crazy - Rex objects - then Krell says how he is in command - then Rex talks about the feewiiing of the poor clones - then Krell says that he is in command - then Rex tells his men about Krell's words - his men are annoyed - then they defy Krell - and save the day by doing something Krell does not agree with - the end is Clone success with Krell hating what they did.

At this point, the show should do at least half a season focused on the dark side and forget the stinkin clones for at least a dozen episodes. Currently I hate Rex as much as Anakin. I would have not if the show allowed itself to show us different sections of the battle of Umbara - the part with Kenobi and Cody, the part with Master Tiin in the air, the part with Barriss and Ahsoka and so on...
Staying at one place and focusing on the same bland and boring bunch white armor-wearing morons is like eating tasteless Rice Cakes every day for a month! In the end, you want to vomit or hit a person who makes eat more of them! THAT is how all these stupid clone feel to me - like bland and tasteless food!

257Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:31 pm

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

SASR does have a point. We've been asking for episodes like these for a while, or at least a lot of people have. I'm personally glad the team's done it, they've done a great job at showing us things from the actual view of the clones, and they've actually stepped up the action and violence of the episodes, making them more war-like. I must admit, I can see why last episoe might get some criticsm as it was very slow in building up and kind of let us down on the action, but the other two, especially Darkness on Umbara have pulled it off very well. We also have to look at things like this-Krell is the type of Jedi that we always knew but never saw. For the longest, we'd known about these rough Jedi who treated clones like dirt, but the show had only been showing us the Jedi that were actually good leaders who cared for their men. Now, we finally have the full spectrum, and it needs to be explored thoroughly before we run right back into the Jedi the clones look up to.

258Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:37 pm

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

SWneedsSASR wrote:dont take this in any offense dan, but you always seem to point out the negatives, although you are right, I wouldn't go as far as to say the ARC fails, this is what we asked for, so the team gave it to us

THat is maybe what you asked for, but not what I asked for! LOL

Many opportunities - all of them MISSED! NO CIS leaders, no Umbaran point of view of the battle, really short space/air battle, NO Saesee Tiin in the air battle, no view on Kenobi and his men...

The bad things are the repeating of the motifs and plots and dialogues! All of them rechewed and overused again and again. I hate repeatability - it get too old, too fast!
Maybe that is why we usually got one, max two episode of feewings of Clones... they could get on your nerves really fast as they whine as much as Anakin.

The only good things about the arc so far are Krell and the Sentepede tank.

As far as I am concerned the arc fails badly and as far as I count it, the points of missed opportunities outweigh the good things!

259Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:08 pm

SWneedsSASR

SWneedsSASR

dont take this in any offense dan, but you always seem to point out the negatives, although you are right, I wouldn't go as far as to say the ARC fails, this is what we asked for, so the team gave it to us

260Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:13 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

SWneedsSASR wrote:for me, despite how slow the episode was, I loved every second of it, the interaction between the clones and that New Hope reference with fives talking over the comms to krell was a luagh, and whilst there was only a bit of action, it was enough to keep me quite satisfied, to me I think the umbaran arc has lived up to its reputation, I can not wait to see how Rex handels the situation, I smell a big heated showdown with krell.
I agree, it will all be going down next episode. Not to mention, I heard some rumors that Krell might be a traitor, aka, we might be getting a bigger showdown than expected.

Dan Grievous wrote:
General Grievous wrote:TCW Review of the Week!: "Plan of Dissent" was both a good, solid episode with its valid points, yet the worst of the Umbaran arc so far. It focused so much on its storyline that it was a let-down and failed to deliver much until the very end. It was a very slow episode, and, although still good, was nothing to get excited about.

I can pretty much sum up the first ten to fifteen minutes because they were so slow into a single paragraph so I will. Krell wanted to atack the capial again despite the fact that an Umbaran supply ship was going to make that task very hard and costly. So, the clones, in an attempt to make sure they wouldn't all die in the apparent suicide mission, began coming up wth ways to take out the supply ship in direct defiance of Krell's direct order not to. The final plan was for Fives, Hardcase, and Jesse to take some Umbaran fighters that they nearly got themselves killed with while testing them out (a not-so-bad scene by the way). Although we saw some good, personable scenes amongst some fan-favorie clone troopers, this, again, was far too slow. They could've done these scenes in over half the time and it stll would've felt intense.

After these ridiculously long scenes, and with only about five minutes of the episode left, we finally saw something interesting. As the clone trio let to take out the supply ship orbiting the planet, they wound up landing themselves right into one of the largest space battles in the series yet. There were so many ships and and so much blasterfire, it felt like watching the Battle of Coruscant in the opening scenes of Revenge of the Sith all over again. A great scene to say the least.

After the trio maneuvered themselves through the battlefield, the finally entered he supply ship through the hangar and advanced towards the main reactor. This scene was very cool because the droids, once they realized what was going on (basically after a few of them got accidentally squished and the others commented "hey!"), began chasing, firing, and setting traps for them. It gave a great, adrenaline-rush feel to a rather boring episode.

Then came one scene I was NOT expecting. The droids set up ray-shields right in front of the reactor, leaving only a standard, man-sized door open for access to it. Hardcase, in one of the most dramatic sacrifices so far next to Hevy, Ima-gun Di, 99, Echo, and several others, took a missile from his fighter and manually took it into the reactor room telling the others to take off without him and to live to fight anoter day. We see the missile he carried into the room slowly advance to one of he power cores, and seconds later, the other two are having flames chasing them and consuming the unfortunate droids onboard. With only mili-seconds to spare, Fives and Jesse escape the ship as it tears itself apart.

At this point Krell is mad-VERY mad. In a very dramatic cliffhangar ending, Krell informs them that the two are to be court-martialed and executed. Rex tried to intervene, but to no avail. It appears that the next episode may be very dramatic and heart-breaking for some hard-core clone fans.

I'd rate this episode at 7.5/10. It was good, and a great episode for any clone fan to watch, but it simply had too slow a build-up. Definitely the worst out of the current arc, but still something at least worth watching. I really wonder what will happen to the clone troopers of the 501st at this point, as it appears the next episode will test them more than these others have combined.

Great review, dear general!

But this episode solidified my distaste for clones! I mean we got so many scenes of the same old stuff from the last episodes. It was the same boring mix of plot over and over again!
The scheme of the episodes is like this:

Krell says something military crazy - Rex objects - then Krell says how he is in command - then Rex talks about the feewiiing of the poor clones - then Krell says that he is in command - then Rex tells his men about Krell's words - his men are annoyed - then they defy Krell - and save the day by doing something Krell does not agree with - the end is Clone success with Krell hating what they did.

Try it out and you will see how it fits all episodes!

They have overdid it at this point and many people are starting to agree with me.
At the start I was a lone fan who felt the arc was just too much clones, same stuff and no villains/other side view!
Now majority of fans, not including clone fans (every clone episode even if it is the worst ever would be loved by clone fans), think the same as me and dislike the episodes. I mean the many previous cool arcs like Ryloth and Geonosis and, especially, DAC FTW!
These arcs had many generals and clones involved, but unlike the stupid thing the Umbaran arc is doing, those episode on Ryloth/Geonosis/Dac changed from episode to episode or, at least, they showed us different points of view.
On Ryloth, in the space battle we switched from Anakin to AHsoka to Mar Tuuk and back again. On the surface, the same thing - from Kenobi to Waxer and Boil and Numa to TX20 to Cody and backwards. The same for Geonosis episodes. Both episodes offered different points of view and added at least one or two new character per episode, which always brought some fresh air in the arc. Like the introduction of Numa in the Kenobi episode and after that Chum Syndulla in the next Rylother episode with Mace. Adding characters in this way, well, adds to the overall good feel of the episode and arc in general.
Change of scene and characters is always good! Getting different looks of the battle...

AFTER saying all this you can see why the Umbara arc FAILS really bad!
No change of scene, same darkness over and over again, same plot over and over again, same characters over and over...
Repeating the same clone stupidity is getting old!
You do have to consider one thing though-Krell. He has been needed for a long time in the series, and the show is finally exploring the Jedi like him. So although they may not have been switching characers up within the arc, they defnitely have been throughout the season through this arc.

CISFANBOY wrote:I actually liked this episode more, I loved the space battle and it was nice to see some battle droids again and we actually had a CIS commander even though it was just a tactical droid with a reused model. This episode also ended with a good cliffhanger, I'm really looking forward for next weeks episode...
I agree, Dakness on Ubara had the best cliffhangar, but this one was still good and excited me for Carnage of Krell.

261Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:58 am

Jango Nova

Jango Nova

Alright Halo fans, how many of you noticed the similarity's between Obi's holo voice and 343 Guilty Spark?

Also RIP Hardcase.

262Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:42 pm

Dan Grievous wrote:
General Grievous wrote:TCW Review of the Week!: "Plan of Dissent" was both a good, solid episode with its valid points, yet the worst of the Umbaran arc so far. It focused so much on its storyline that it was a let-down and failed to deliver much until the very end. It was a very slow episode, and, although still good, was nothing to get excited about.

I can pretty much sum up the first ten to fifteen minutes because they were so slow into a single paragraph so I will. Krell wanted to atack the capial again despite the fact that an Umbaran supply ship was going to make that task very hard and costly. So, the clones, in an attempt to make sure they wouldn't all die in the apparent suicide mission, began coming up wth ways to take out the supply ship in direct defiance of Krell's direct order not to. The final plan was for Fives, Hardcase, and Jesse to take some Umbaran fighters that they nearly got themselves killed with while testing them out (a not-so-bad scene by the way). Although we saw some good, personable scenes amongst some fan-favorie clone troopers, this, again, was far too slow. They could've done these scenes in over half the time and it stll would've felt intense.

After these ridiculously long scenes, and with only about five minutes of the episode left, we finally saw something interesting. As the clone trio let to take out the supply ship orbiting the planet, they wound up landing themselves right into one of the largest space battles in the series yet. There were so many ships and and so much blasterfire, it felt like watching the Battle of Coruscant in the opening scenes of Revenge of the Sith all over again. A great scene to say the least.

After the trio maneuvered themselves through the battlefield, the finally entered he supply ship through the hangar and advanced towards the main reactor. This scene was very cool because the droids, once they realized what was going on (basically after a few of them got accidentally squished and the others commented "hey!"), began chasing, firing, and setting traps for them. It gave a great, adrenaline-rush feel to a rather boring episode.

Then came one scene I was NOT expecting. The droids set up ray-shields right in front of the reactor, leaving only a standard, man-sized door open for access to it. Hardcase, in one of the most dramatic sacrifices so far next to Hevy, Ima-gun Di, 99, Echo, and several others, took a missile from his fighter and manually took it into the reactor room telling the others to take off without him and to live to fight anoter day. We see the missile he carried into the room slowly advance to one of he power cores, and seconds later, the other two are having flames chasing them and consuming the unfortunate droids onboard. With only mili-seconds to spare, Fives and Jesse escape the ship as it tears itself apart.

At this point Krell is mad-VERY mad. In a very dramatic cliffhangar ending, Krell informs them that the two are to be court-martialed and executed. Rex tried to intervene, but to no avail. It appears that the next episode may be very dramatic and heart-breaking for some hard-core clone fans.

I'd rate this episode at 7.5/10. It was good, and a great episode for any clone fan to watch, but it simply had too slow a build-up. Definitely the worst out of the current arc, but still something at least worth watching. I really wonder what will happen to the clone troopers of the 501st at this point, as it appears the next episode will test them more than these others have combined.

But this episode solidified my distaste for clones! I mean we got so many scenes of the same old stuff from the last episodes. It was the same boring mix of plot over and over again!

They have overdid it at this point and many people are starting to agree with me.
At the start I was a lone fan who felt the arc was just too much clones, same stuff and no villains/other side view!
Now majority of fans, not including clone fans (every clone episode even if it is the worst ever would be loved by clone fans), think the same as me and dislike the episodes. I mean the many previous cool arcs like Ryloth and Geonosis and, especially, DAC FTW!
These arcs had many generals and clones involved, but unlike the stupid thing the Umbaran arc is doing, those episode on Ryloth/Geonosis/Dac changed from episode to episode or, at least, they showed us different points of view.
On Ryloth, in the space battle we switched from Anakin to AHsoka to Mar Tuuk and back again. On the surface, the same thing - from Kenobi to Waxer and Boil and Numa to TX20 to Cody and backwards. The same for Geonosis episodes. Both episodes offered different points of view and added at least one or two new character per episode, which always brought some fresh air in the arc. Like the introduction of Numa in the Kenobi episode and after that Chum Syndulla in the next Rylother episode with Mace. Adding characters in this way, well, adds to the overall good feel of the episode and arc in general.
Change of scene and characters is always good! Getting different looks of the battle...

No change of scene, same darkness over and over again, same plot over and over again, same characters over and over...

Umbara has been good but it definitely isn't one of my favorite arcs, there have just been so many missed opportunities on Umbara. We could have had a separatist leader as the main villain on Umbara like Poggle was on Geonosis or Wat Tambor on Ryloth. They could have done an episode focusing on Saesee Tiin showing him in lightsaber action and we could have also seen Cody and some of his men like Waxer and Boil. The last episode would have been better if it was just a massive space battle and we could have had a CIS commander on that supply ship like Mar Tuuk. I agree Umbara needed a bigger variety of characters.

263Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:17 pm

I actually liked this episode more, I loved the space battle and it was nice to see some battle droids again and we actually had a CIS commander even though it was just a tactical droid with a reused model. This episode also ended with a good cliffhanger, I'm really looking forward for next weeks episode...

264Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:06 pm

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

265Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:55 am

SWneedsSASR

SWneedsSASR

for me, despite how slow the episode was, I loved every second of it, the interaction between the clones and that New Hope reference with fives talking over the comms to krell was a luagh, and whilst there was only a bit of action, it was enough to keep me quite satisfied, to me I think the umbaran arc has lived up to its reputation, I can not wait to see how Rex handels the situation, I smell a big heated showdown with krell.

266Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:51 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

TCW Review of the Week!: "Plan of Dissent" was both a good, solid episode with its valid points, yet the worst of the Umbaran arc so far. It focused so much on its storyline that it was a let-down and failed to deliver much until the very end. It was a very slow episode, and, although still good, was nothing to get excited about.

267Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:06 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Wow, Dan, that's actually a pretty good possiblity, I've heard rumors that krell will be approached by rex on some lack of trust issue, and this might be it! And you're very right-he disappears RIGHt before the Umbarans attack. He's definitely a very fishy fellow to say the least!

268Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:43 pm

SWneedsSASR

SWneedsSASR

Dan Grievous wrote: The Umbarans?!
OHHHH YEAH! They have been quite boring, the basic definition for blandness... all the same models, no different leader! Expected!

yeah well they are an army, the thing about armies is that they are supposed to look unifrom, and about a leader, well lets just say int he field you dont go around saluting and lighting your self up with big glowing gold bars, - when you think about it clones do just that, only replace the golden bars with a light saber ha ha ha

269Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

General Grievous wrote:I personally don't mind the lack of villain. They make up for it in WICKED awesome new weapons. The one thing I'd like to see by the end of the arc is Kenobi and Tiin though. And I guess some actual Krell action, he's done nothing in these episodes.

Oh Dan, nice new profile pic BTW, probably your best one yet!

Thanks, General! I like it too...

I was thinking and discussing about Krell... this came to mind!

Krell disappears every time just before the Umbarans strike and attack! Could that mean he looks from the side, goes in to check on the clones, scold them and then leave. THEN he calls the Umbarans to attack or the Umbarans attack only when "their leader" leaves the possible place of death!
What do you think about that!? Mindtwist!

270Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:19 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

I personally don't mind the lack of villain. They make up for it in WICKED awesome new weapons. The one thing I'd like to see by the end of the arc is Kenobi and Tiin though. And I guess some actual Krell action, he's done nothing in these episodes.

Oh Dan, nice new profile pic BTW, probably your best one yet!

271Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:07 am

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

CISFANBOY wrote:
Dan Grievous wrote:TO BE HONEST! The more I see it and think it:

I can not wait for the Umbaran arc to END! Four identical episodes about clones having emotional issues is has a point to which it becomes annoying or tiring! We need a little change on the battlefield...
Give us the 41st Battalion's view, Kenobi's view on the battle, give us Tiin, give us especially the UMBARANS's point of view, I would even love to see Ahsoka at this point to voice her opinion on this conflict!

By the end of the arc, most possibly I will almost hate the overdone 501st Legion and wish I do not see more about them, especially REX! Right now I feel like gutting a clone with a lightsaber and playing "Han Solo and a Tauntaun!" LOL

I mean I got more enjoyment out of HUNT FOR ZIRO and ARC TROOPERS than both the Umbaran episodes! I mean, it is clones - it is like having to care for slices of wheet bread as each is a bland as the last one. Same goes for the Umbaran episodes...

I have enjoyed some of the past clone centric episodes like Rookies and Deserter but now it feels like they are giving us too much of the same stuff. I mean the Geonosis episodes were not my favorites but we still had villains like Poggle, Queen Karina and TX-21 and the episodes also focused on some of the different Jedi quite a bit. The enemies were also more epic we had Geonosians, Zombies and battle droids. I find the Umbarans rather boring but the reason for that is because they haven't been developed at all.

The Umbarans?!
OHHHH YEAH! They have been quite boring, the basic definition for blandness... all the same models, no different leader! Expected!

272Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:58 am

Dan Grievous wrote:TO BE HONEST! The more I see it and think it:

I can not wait for the Umbaran arc to END! Four identical episodes about clones having emotional issues is has a point to which it becomes annoying or tiring! We need a little change on the battlefield...
Give us the 41st Battalion's view, Kenobi's view on the battle, give us Tiin, give us especially the UMBARANS's point of view, I would even love to see Ahsoka at this point to voice her opinion on this conflict!

By the end of the arc, most possibly I will almost hate the overdone 501st Legion and wish I do not see more about them, especially REX! Right now I feel like gutting a clone with a lightsaber and playing "Han Solo and a Tauntaun!" LOL

I mean I got more enjoyment out of HUNT FOR ZIRO and ARC TROOPERS than both the Umbaran episodes! I mean, it is clones - it is like having to care for slices of wheet bread as each is a bland as the last one. Same goes for the Umbaran episodes...

I have enjoyed some of the past clone centric episodes like Rookies and Deserter but now it feels like they are giving us too much of the same stuff. I mean the Geonosis episodes were not my favorites but we still had villains like Poggle, Queen Karina and TX-21 and the episodes also focused on some of the different Jedi quite a bit. The enemies were also more epic we had Geonosians, Zombies and battle droids. I find the Umbarans rather boring but the reason for that is because they haven't been developed at all.

273Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:01 pm

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

TO BE HONEST! The more I see it and think it:

274Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:36 pm

I enjoyed Darkness on Umbara, I just found the General a bit boring with out a villain but the action was still good though. I'm looking forward to seeing how the battle of Umbara ends I'm just hoping that Krell will survive

275Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:44 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Dan Grievous wrote:
General Grievous wrote:
Dan Grievous wrote:
General Grievous wrote:Ok, that's it, I'm drawing the line! Ok, Dan, once again you've taken things out of hand just because everyone doesn't share your exact view on things. Not only did you insult me and my right to an opinion, but you also insulted Jango. While I can take criticism for myself, I refuse to stand by and watch you do the same to others. Seriously, I and everyone else has always respected your opinion, even if we disagree with it at times. Does that mean I insult you saying your comments are "strange" or that you fell from the moon and only watched the first episodes of the series? NO! You are REALLY bordering the line here. You ever wondered why Jedi~Chick got all mad that one time you did the same to her? Well guess what, here's the cold, hard truth-you are a HORRIBLE debater. You break one of the first rules of carrying on a civilized debate-you attack the person, not the problem whenever things don't go your way. I have a right to like both Grievous and the Jedi if I want to, and I do! Jango has the right to dislike the droids in the series as much as he wants to, so he does! GET OVER IT!

Gosh, I hate to say it, but maybe Rex was right-maybe the reason things aren't as busy around here is because the people we do have aren't respectful enough to each other to begin with!

Is it me or you get insulted too easy...
Strange and falling from the moon is nothing to be insulted about! IF I said you are ***** **** *********** or something nasty, I get it, but expressing confusion is kinda not what I think as a rude insult. It is like when I said the word that described the coolness of Cad Bane and right away you jumped up about talking to admins and hate and stuff... Out of nowhere for one word!

Thing is that is kinda STRANGE to say that clones are not Republic and yet everybody knows and says they are part of it. Saying that it is strange to say otherwise. Would you not see a SW fan as strange or fallen from somewhere if he comes up to you and say: "Dude, I love all Star Wars but I never expected and knew Darth Vader was Luke's father and I watched all the movies and TCW!".
For Pete's sake, Jesse wears the Republic's logo on his head. lol
SO excuse me if I think it is odd to claim that CLONES, Republic troopers, are not from the Grand Army of the Republic! I did not mean to question Jango's fandom.

Next you will tell me that the B1 Battle Droids are actually not property of the CIS or The Trade Federation!

Jedi~Chick got annoyed cause I talked about god! For which I apologized to the nice girl...

BTW: People question all the time and say that I am too strange for loving the Quarren and Tikkes cause they had done nothing and Tikkes was a lame background character that did not deserve attention. BUT in the end I say why I like him and do not care if 99% people do not care about him or think he is pointless or think I am messed up for liking him. I do not take it personal!
Same with Grievous when people insult his awesomeness, I still do not care what people say that much, I still love him.

SO sorry if you got offended for my confusion!
I technically wasn't offended, I was just telling you that your getting ready to cross that line. I was basically giving you heads-up if you were going to go down that far like what happened to Jedi. But either way, apology accepted.

As for that "one word" thing, again, the exact same scenario. I wasn't offended, but others might be offended reading that. I look out for more than myself you know. I try to keep the site as a whole clean and responsible. HA didn't make me an admin just to sit back and WAIT until those things happen. I'm supposed to make sure they don't happen in the first place.

I SEE your point there! I do get the admin role and keeping the Peace around here!

AND warning noted! THank you!
Ok, glad to see we'e come to an agreement. Although I may not have exactly shown it, I DO respect and like having you around here. I'd hate for there to be any hard feelings between us.

CISFANBOY wrote:
Dan Grievous wrote:Seeing the Umbaran side of the situation is critical for this arc even if it is only for half an episode! Cause we see how epic clones be and what good they could do, but we have never and possibly never see (cause the show is biased) the harm they do!
Yes, they are heroes even more sometimes than the Jedi, cause the clones show heart more. The Jedi are sometimes so bland and blind that is kinda facinating why do the villains just defeat them by exploiting their biggest weakness - helping stereotypically everyone! I know it is cool to help all you can, but in the Jedi's case it is like:
Get random alien or just a lazy human, stick "I am good and I must save all!" in his mouth and you have the next random Jedi. Even Anakin and Obi-Wan tend to be like that.
But arcs like the Mandalorian one in S2 showed the more hearty side of Kenobi.
Anakin - I do not go there as I hate his guts and do not care if he gets eaten by Sarlaccs! lol
Watching Fives suffer in the war has been 600 times more real and engaging than all the "feelings" Aniiiiiiiiiii has shown!

I just wish that the way they do writing magic basically for all clones, they could do a little for at least a few non-Sith CIS character - like Grievous or Gunray even!

I would love to see an arc focusing on CIS characters like Grievous and Gunray. They should do an episode where Grievous and a group of battle droids are on a mission do destroy a republic base and make the CIS actually succeed for once.
Hmm, that would defnitely be interesting. Obviously as a grievous fan, I love almost any episode with him in it. I feel though that as a storytelling perspetive thus far, Umbara's done well enough without the villain in it. I know some of you may disagree, but I've seen enough war movies (my dad's pretty much a junkie on that sort of thing, LOL) to know when or when not to see the evil person behind the curtain. And when it comes down to seeing things from JUST the front line troopers, it's usually best to keep that villain hidden. If in the last couple episode they focus more on Krell, kenobi, and the other Jedi, then a villain might be neccessary.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum