Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4

+16
Ben HartAttack
Yoda
Jedi~Chick
StarWarsTalkShow
Dan Grievous
Doma11
Ahsokasister
Anakin Skywalker77
Leia Organa
BarrissOffee1297
Jango Nova
SWneedsSASR
ARC Trooper
Ashoka2898
JainaSolo781
GeneralGrievous505
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 40]

501Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:58 pm

StarWarsTalkShow

StarWarsTalkShow

General Grievous wrote:Ha, I had a feeling you'd be upset, I know I definitely was at the way Grievous was treated. I mean, if they could've had him at least kill a lot of Gungans before getting captured, I might not be as upset, but it definitely got under my nerves howthey spent 15 minutes on a rather weak storyline, but about 3 when it came to that scene, and having Grievous kill like 3 Gungans at best. The only part that was really good in the episdoe was Anakin vs. Dooku, I loved that scene, one of the best duels in the series so far!
WHAT! You liked the whole Dooku vs. Anakin scene????? That was just sad!! No offense to you, but I didn't like it and we didn't get to see enough dark side in Anakin. At a moment like that when he is surrounded and one of the most powerful Sith is in front of him, he was just too weak and didn't unleash any darkside at all. IMO.

http://StarWarsTalkShow.blogspot.com

502Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:25 pm

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

Dan Grievous wrote:
Leia Organa wrote:I was a little disappointed Grievous was captured so quickly an easily too! It made me REALLY mad. Grievous has gone from a HUGE SCARY MONSTER to....... a not-so-scary monster who can be defeated in 5 minutes flat by a bunch of gungans.......... ?????? XD Oh brother!

The episode felt REALLY rushed. Seriously I can barely remember any of the details of the episode because it was so jammed pack with stuff. It was like they took a two part episode and turned it into one. But overall it was pretty good. I have a feeling though next week's episode will be much better.

Same here, Leia, the problem that the scary Grievous once now can be defeated here in 40 seconds by three gungans, two only died!
Sad day, when your favorite character is specially made to loose and look idiotic and dragged away like a wild animal or a pile of trash. How dare you, Lucas!

The dragging away scene and timescal of the duel ruined and placed the episode in my mind as a horrid piece of SW lore that makes the last year Tea and Banking-related episodes look genius and enjoyable!
are you upset because he was captured by three Gungans or because he was just captured?Im just wondering.

503Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:34 pm

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

Leia Organa wrote:I was a little disappointed Grievous was captured so quickly an easily too! It made me REALLY mad. Grievous has gone from a HUGE SCARY MONSTER to....... a not-so-scary monster who can be defeated in 5 minutes flat by a bunch of gungans.......... ?????? XD Oh brother!

The episode felt REALLY rushed. Seriously I can barely remember any of the details of the episode because it was so jammed pack with stuff. It was like they took a two part episode and turned it into one. But overall it was pretty good. I have a feeling though next week's episode will be much better.

Same here, Leia, the problem that the scary Grievous once now can be defeated here in 40 seconds by three gungans, two only died!
Sad day, when your favorite character is specially made to loose and look idiotic and dragged away like a wild animal or a pile of trash. How dare you, Lucas!

The dragging away scene and timescal of the duel ruined and placed the episode in my mind as a horrid piece of SW lore that makes the last year Tea and Banking-related episodes look genius and enjoyable!

504Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:37 pm

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

I liked this episode.It was great to see Naboo again (and Grevious of course).This episode reminded me of TPM too.You know all these seps transports landing on the planes.
Of course I didnt like it either that Grtevious was captured so easily but I think thats because the CW crew had little time to show much more action in a 20 min. episode.

505Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:47 pm

Leia Organa

Leia Organa
Admin

I was a little disappointed Grievous was captured so quickly an easily too! It made me REALLY mad. Grievous has gone from a HUGE SCARY MONSTER to....... a not-so-scary monster who can be defeated in 5 minutes flat by a bunch of gungans.......... ?????? XD Oh brother!

506Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:51 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Ha, I had a feeling you'd be upset, I know I definitely was at the way Grievous was treated. I mean, if they could've had him at least kill a lot of Gungans before getting captured, I might not be as upset, but it definitely got under my nerves howthey spent 15 minutes on a rather weak storyline, but about 3 when it came to that scene, and having Grievous kill like 3 Gungans at best. The only part that was really good in the episdoe was Anakin vs. Dooku, I loved that scene, one of the best duels in the series so far!

507Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:02 am

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

WORST CASE OF BANTHA POOOOOOOODOOOO WAS THE EPISODE 'SHADOW WARRIOR'!

I give it a 2 out 10 for all the poodo! Only good thing I liked was Rish Loo! face5

One more thing:

LUCAS HATES GRIEVOUS AND HAS GONE OUT OF HIS WAY TO MAKE HIM LOOK LIKE A WEAKLING AND MORON!

508Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:40 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

TCW Review of the Week!: Well, we've finally moved away from the Mon Calamari arc, and on to a new storyline! As a single-episode story, it held up relatively well, though I was disappointed by certain factors that I will point out throughout the review. I suppose with a 22 minute time limit, you can only go so far with a story, but they still could've cut down and added on certain spots. That's not to say though, that this episode wasn't good, and didn't have it's moments. In fact, this episode was quite enjoyable, and I was constantly saying "Whoa!" throughout it, especially at the end. But let's save the best for last, and start at the beginning, shall we?

The main problems that I had with this episode mainly started at the beginning. It started with the gungan boss supporting the Separatists. I found that to be really neat at first, because I thought that we we're going to have another Mon Cala storyline going on for a second, with one side being backed by the Separatists and the other the Republic.

But then five minutes into that, and I realized that I was in for something that I call "a little too creative". What I mean by that is, the gungan boss wasn't at all supporting the Separatists-Anakin, Padme, and Jar Jar happened to find out that he was brainwashed into it by nothing other than a necklace with magical powers. I'm sorry, but I think that's almost too fictional, even for Star Wars. I personally think the Clone wars writers could've come up with something more subtle, maybe having the boss being lied to than figuring out the truth because of some detail that didn't fit in right.

Anyway, after they found that out, they approached the bad apple gungan (I think his name was Minister Loo, I have a hard time when it comes to understanding gungan speech) who gave him the necklace, and there was a confrontation. This scene was pretty cool actually, Anakin showed off a little against the commando droids (probably to impress you-know-who), Padme' actually was attacked by one and solved the problem herself without crying "Ani!", and a semi-dark scene occurred when the minister stabbed the boss in the gut and escaped.

The next scene though put a slightly bad taste in my mouth (or mind to be precise). The boss is still alive, but unconscious. And the only solution is!---let Jar Jar who somehow resembles the boss confront the gungan military as the boss and turn them against the minister. What are the odds of that working!? Although it's 270 to 1 in my book, it's all too easy for the Clone Wars team.

Basically, in the most ridiculous scene of the episode, Jar Jar confronts the officers that are at the time listening to the gungan minister, they all listen with an almost creepy atmosphere about them, and the gungan minister runs off again on a speeder while Anakin chases him on a kaadu (I personally loved seeing the kaadu in this episode, they seemed very life-like and an appropiate detail to add in this episode).

Now we finally come to a more realistic part of the story. The Separatists are now wondering why the gungans are no longer supporting them, and they confront Jar Jar who they too think is Boss Lione (I actually understand them not telling the difference, considering they probably only saw the actual one in a hologram) Then Jar Jar and Tarpals (no longer a captain but a "bombad general!") have a a meeting with no other than General Grievous! As a big fan of Grievous, I was obviously excited to see him, and the meeting was PERFECT. It had a great sense of darkness to it, Jar Jar was obviously scared out of his pants and couldn't stop fidgeting, and it ended with violence, once Grievous catches onto the trick, he chases after Jar Jar but is confronted by Tarpals army (Tarpals left earlier to arrange this little trap, so don't worry, that part was realistic as well and I can't complain).

This is where as a Grievous fan I was sad at the lack of action, but I understood the time limit that the team had so I won't dwell on it too long. Basically, Grievous was taken over much quicker than he should've been. However, he did kill General Tarpals along the way, a risky but well-played move on the team's part. I would've figured they wouldn't touch such a figure as Tarpals, considering he's both in the EU and movies, but they did off with him in quite a manner I must say!

But after Tarpals died, it went down to the Kessel Spice Mines for Grievous I'm afraid, and my poor, metallic friend got captured. We then come to the last part of the epsiode when Anakin, still chasing the minister, is lead to Dooku. You see, Dooku wanted to capture Anakin, so he told the minister to lead him to his hideout. Then, to clear up lose ends, Dooku kills the minister in front of Anakin's eyes (I loved that scene for the record, it was very dark and Sith-like) and engages Anakin in a duel. This duel was played out great, the lightsaber movement and new Magnaguards that Dooku had for back-up completely made me forget the cons of the episode. I would even tell people to watch this episode just to see that scene.

Anyway, after the duel, Anakin winds up in Dooku's clutches, and we come to the end of the episode-Dooku had only wanted to capture Anakin to negotiate Grievous's release, and the two were rather quickly released back into their rightful sides. It was a good ending, and I think one of the first where NEITHER faction really won.

I would rate this episode 7/10-it had great action sequences, some really neat dark moments that you would expect from an episode like this, and as usual, superb animation. My only complaint as you've seen is a semi-weak storyline, though please do not let that destroy the episode for you when it is compared to all the good stuff I've mentioned above.

BTW, with some very minor changes, this is basically the same review I gave Chris to post on the SWU blog. I really can't wait for it to get posted, I put a lot of work into it! Also, if you have any suggestions on how I should do it for the next episode, please let me know!

509Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:37 am

StarWarsTalkShow

StarWarsTalkShow

Indeed you will. I am going to try and get on Skype with Mike from the guild. I have a lot to say on this episode for once.

510Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:29 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Well, *ahem* they weren't quite as good as I hoped in some aspects, but they werte good. I'll save my views for TCW reeview of the Week, the review I send to Chris to be posted on the blog, and the Podcast comment section, but I do have a lot to say about the pros and cons of this episode.

511Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:11 am

StarWarsTalkShow

StarWarsTalkShow

Yes thoughsa episodes were awesome!

512Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:32 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Ha, yes, I've been waiting for a good Grievous episode since Grievous Intrigue and the Deserter!

513Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:21 am

StarWarsTalkShow

StarWarsTalkShow

Yes, this episode looks to the best one yet and will indeed have some awesomeness to it! It's Grievous time boys!

514Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:40 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Well, I officially can't wait! A new TCW tonight, and one of the very ones I've been looking foward to since the first preview they ever showed!-Grievous slaughtering Gungans! Bwahahaha! This is going to be so good, especially since it's also Anakinn vs. Dooku and Skywalker getting tortured by the old man!

If you're reading this Chris, I'll probably have my review of it Pmed to you tonight, or tomorrow at worst. I'll also save some comments for the podcast thread we've set up, so you can read those during the next podcast discussion on the episode.

515Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:18 am

StarWarsTalkShow

StarWarsTalkShow

Okay, I'll just read them.

516Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:46 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

I'll be honest, that is a little much at this point. Maybe we could just PM you again, and you could read our views out like the SWU podcast does. Having an entire section could be problematic, especially with a new layout and all.

517Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:23 am

StarWarsTalkShow

StarWarsTalkShow

Ah, good ideas here my friends! BTW Grievous I will go back to the "Question for the SWU forums" next week. I had to stop with the transfer, but I am back and ready to go. You just won't be able to see what the viewers had to say on the Talk Show, but instead come here and see. Also could I make a thread for each episode so people know where to look for the comments on that exact episode? Or maybe a whole forum on here devoted to SWTS? Unless that's a bit too much as of right now?

518Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:49 am

cterra5

cterra5

Anything Star Wars related that you think people would be interested in reading.

519Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:20 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Ok then, I'll be sure to PM you my review of the next Clone wars episode! BTW, what other stuff do you guys post on the blog? I've seen some action figure reviews, and stuff like that, but anything else?

520Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:16 am

cterra5

cterra5

Yes, I did get the message. Sorry it took so long for me to respond. If you want anything to be put on the blog, just send a PM to me. Also, I will be thinking of ways to connect the forums more to the rest of the internet.

521Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:02 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Ooo, that's a good idea, but I know I for one couldn't do it. I don't even know the email address I used to get on the forum, it's my parents. They're pretty strict on that type of stuff in case you couldn't tell. Could I just PM you stuff like reviews and stuff like that for the blog, or something like that? My internet realm is pretty much restricted to here, that's why i haven't gone anywhere else on the SWU community-believe me, if I could've I would've, it's a great fan community. But, even if I'm restricted to just here, I'd like to be a part of it all in any way I can! If you agree, I could PM you reviews and stuff that you'd want me to do for the blog, and I could try and give some stuff like that for the facebook page too!

Speaking of which, did you get that other PM I sent you?

522Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:53 am

cterra5

cterra5

General Grievous wrote:
cterra5 wrote:Great idea, Grievous! We should put up a thread each week for comments on TCW that we can read on the podcast.
Ha, that would be great! I suppose we could make a thread here in the TCW section, and (just a thought) we could also post full out reviews of the episodes to post on the facebook and twitter pages!

Better yet, if you send me your emails, I could give you posting privileges on our blog and you can write reviews and other articles there.

523Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:51 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

cterra5 wrote:Great idea, Grievous! We should put up a thread each week for comments on TCW that we can read on the podcast.
Ha, that would be great! I suppose we could make a thread here in the TCW section, and (just a thought) we could also post full out reviews of the episodes to post on the facebook and twitter pages!

524Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:49 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Ha, that's how I have to watch it too. I don't get CN, so I'm stcuk with spasmatic internet to watch the episodes. Though, I must say, I have also been going over to a friend's house lately to watch the episodes that night on TV, and it's been working out well for now.

525Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:48 am

cterra5

cterra5

Great idea, Grievous! We should put up a thread each week for comments on TCW that we can read on the podcast.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum