Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll

You are not connected. Please login or register

Characters that should make an appearence on The Clone Wars

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

I like the Mandalorians and Im always hoping to see them again.

I can why people are annoyed about what happened back in S2 it sounds like they messed up the Madalorian story a lot. I hope we get to see some of the other more violent Mandalorian clans in future episodes. Am I the only one that would love to see some alien Mandalorians on this show?

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

I expected to learn all this from him.He was here earlier but didnt write anything about it.

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Yeah, though I'm no expert. If you really want to know more, I'd ask Jango.

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

Interesting.Didnt knew that.

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Basically, there is no one group of "Mandolorians" They are usually split up into different clans united under the name of Mandolore.

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

What exactly is the Mandalorian clan? Never heard of it.

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

I agree with ARC, it's possible that they could've turned acifist, but highly unlikely and shouldn't have been done. Their entire culture was based on honor through combat (except for Death Watch). Another thing that made me in S2 was when the Prime Minister said the Jango Fett was "just a bounty hunter" and had no part of the Mandolorian culture. But in the EU, he was the head of an entire Mandolorian clan!

I'm not a big fan of pacifist Mandalorians either, I think they should have followed the EU more carefully when they did the Mandalore episodes in S2. From what I've heard it sounds like Death Watch were the most evil group of Mandalorians, but there were a lot of other Mandalorians that weren't part of Death Watch that had lives based on combat and war but unlike Death Watch they actually had some honor.

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

I have a few ''Knights of the Old Republic'' comics about the Mandalorian wars.Well that with the pacifists Mandalorians is something I dont like either.But I dont blame the CW for making the Mandos pacifists.I know their way of life was always based on combat,war and stuff like that.But its not impossible that sometime their way of life would have changed by someone (Satine). I just dont agree with it,wich means that I were a Mandalorian in the SW universe I propably would have joined the Deathwatch.

Just out of curiosity how were the Mandos done in the EU? I've never actually read any of the novels or comics, but I know a lot of people weren't very pleased because of all of these pacifist Mandalorians.

After looking them up on wookiepedia I see that there were some alien Mandalorians, I would love to see some alien Mandalorians on TCW.

Arc Troopers and Hunt for Ziro were the only really good episodes on the first half of S3 IMO. Supply Lines was also one of my favorites because we finally had a CIS victory, but I must admit that episode could have definitely been a lot better.

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Oh no, I believe I gave the wrong impression. Even though I felt it was rushed, I still liked ARC Troopers. One of the few really good episodes in the first half of S3.

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

ARC Troopers is one of the few eps I like in S3. That season was not so good.

I personally liked Arc Troopers it was a very action packed episode. I think the trouble with S3 was that we had too many stand alone episodes with enough material for an arc. It would have also been nice to have seen more of the battle on Ryloth. I was hoping we would have seen Wat Tambor and Mar Tuuk again.

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Hmm, perhaps what you say about the aqua droids is true, and I will admit they are pretty cool. IDK though, part of me felt they were just kind of forced in the Kamino battle and it ruined them a little for me. But then again, that episode was rushe was it felt like a lot of things had been forced in.

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

Oh,yes! Ahsoka against those Magna guards in the movie.That was too much for her.I think the CW crew wanted her to fight them so she can pass a trial of skill.

I personally like the aqua droids, I think they are a pretty cool enemy. They didn't seem quite as tough on Moncal though, they seemed a lot more deadly on Kamino. There are plenty of water planets so it makes sense that the CIS would design a droid that would be more effective in that environment.

ARC Trooper wrote:What you say is something I didnt liked in the first place abou TCW.The stupid voices of the battle droids and even the voices of the super battle droids.I prefer them silent like in the movies.

I don't have a problem with the super battle droids speaking, but on TCW movie and S1 especially the B1 droids were made to look really dumb, even a lot more stupid than what they were on the movies.

I also didn't like how Ahsoka was able to defeat 3 magna guards on her own, I mean on ROTS Anakin and Obi Wan had a hard time just defeating one each.

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

I liked the Aqua droids much.They have a nice design.
And since its a war spread across the galaxy every army that starts a campaign must have troops with every kind of gear,weaponry and transports.That way they can be effective in any environment.

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

I think the droids have been portrayed well so far in the series, they just need to be shown more. The only droids I didn't really like was the aqua droids, they were kind of forced in there. I mean, did the CIS EXPECT to have a lot of underwater battles? They were pointless in the Mon Calamari arc, and just there to look cool in the Kamino battle.

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

What you say is something I didnt liked in the first place abou TCW.The stupid voices of the battle droids and even the voices of the super battle droids.I prefer them silent like in the movies.

We haven't really had that many battle droids in general this season, we have had CIS soldiers instead like Quarrens, Umbarans and Zygerrians. One thing I don't like about this show is that the droids are made to look a lot weaker, I mean in the movies super battle droids were quite a threat, but they are destroyed pretty easily on TCW. Commado droids have became a more common enemy, but because they have been destroyed so many times they don't really seem like much of a threat any more.

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

CISFANBOY wrote:
ARC Trooper wrote:I really liked those commander battle droids in TPM.

The last time we saw one of those was back in S3 on the episode Witches of the Mist. It's strange that we haven't seen one for a while.
Yeah, it's bad when it's been that long since we last saw one.

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

I must rewatch those episodes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum