Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4

+4
Ahsokasister
GeneralGrievous505
Dan Grievous
ARC Trooper
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

126Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:03 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

I actually didn't like Tee Va that much. I kind of found him annoying, and not at all resembling someone who I would affiliate as a smuggler. And I'm not just saying that either because he was in Corruption. I just generally didn't like him. However, his Egyptian look was a neat concept, and I think they could've used it in a different, better way.

127Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:08 am

I think Tee Va would be a more popular villain if it wasn't for him appearing in one of the worst episodes of the series.

128Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:19 am

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

I agree with you CISFanboy.I liked Tee Va too in his egyptian look.

129Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:05 am

The Mandalore episodes on S3 were pretty terrible, the only positive things about them was Tee Va and his smuggler gang and it was a bit interesting to find out that Almec had gone corrupt because we had seen him before back in S2. A battle between DW and the CIS would have made the first half S3 a lot better! We can only hope that we get some prequel episodes some day, I would love to see villains like Sobeck and Krell again and seeing what happened with Dooku and Vizlsa would be awesome.

130Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:03 am

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

ARC Trooper wrote:And there are few possibilities to see ''what happened'' knowing that they stopped making prequel episodes.

The expression is not ''what happened''! That is too kind regarding something as terrible as last season's episodes 5 and 6!

The expression you are looking for is:

"The reason is how Pre Viszla explains that he is no longer in good terms with the stupid Count Dooku and explains that the two even had a fight where Dooku scarred him, I am sure, with his lightsaber. My gripe with this is not that Pre looks different and not as classy as before but how little story of the scar could have been a 1000000000000000 times a more interersting episode/episodes in S3. I mean the first thing I said to myself was that while we were deep into Tea bulls**t and Corruption on Mandalore, we could have seen Mandos vs Droids and battle between Dooku and Viszla himself. Now that would have made S3's dreadful first half better for sure!"

131Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:32 pm

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Yeah, S3 would've been the perfect time to see what happened between the two, we could've replaced their Mandolore episodes with the Death Watch/CIS showdown.

132Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:30 pm

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

And there are few possibilities to see ''what happened'' knowing that they stopped making prequel episodes.

133Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:21 pm

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

I didn't mind not seeing the duel, but it does make me mad that we missed possibly an entire arc of the aftermath of S2s Madno episodes. I mean, at the end of S2, they were allied with Dooku. All of a sudden this season, they are arch enemies! It poses the very big question of, "what happened?"

134Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:21 am

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

Dan Grievous wrote:http://dan-grievous.blogspot.com/2012/01/dan-grievous-reviews-friend-in-need.html

HERE IS MY REVIEW OF THE BAD EPISODE! Wink
Youre absolutely right about the Visla-Dooku duel they DIDNT show us.When I saw his scar I thought: ''Hey did I missed something in the previous season's?''
No,I didnt missed anything.But they kept giving us boring episodes in s3 after all.

135Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:04 pm

I liked what the CIS were planning with Death Watch back in S2, but if they were still allied with the CIS, it would just be another arc where they would attempt to kill Satine and most likely fail. I just hope that they don't ignore the story that was on this episode and that we actually get to see Death Watch take on the CIS.

136Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:45 pm

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

I agree, Death Watch was GREAT in this episode, they can and really should use them in S5.

137Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:34 am

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

http://dan-grievous.blogspot.com/2012/01/dan-grievous-reviews-friend-in-need.html

HERE IS MY REVIEW OF THE BAD EPISODE! Wink

138Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:17 am

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

Deathwatch in S5.Nice. Im happy that the Deathwatch story didnt ended yet.

139Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:16 am

I was actually pretty impressed with A Friend in Need, it was a lot better than what I was expecting. Pre Vizsla was epic on this episode and was developed more, I didn't enjoy the Death Watch episodes on S2 that much, they were focusing on Satine too much. We finally had an episode that ended with a decent cliff hanger, I really hope we get to see Pre Vizsla face off against Dooku in S5 that would be awesome.

140Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:12 am

Grievous is still one of my favorite villains even though they mostly under use him on this show. I agree they add pointless characters like Lux and they won't even bother bringing in any separatist leaders anymore who are technically more important than most of the villains that we get on this show. Even if we can't have the other guys they should still give us more Gunray.

141Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:17 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Here's my review!

I'll start this off and say that this episode had both one really good thing, and one really bad thing in it. The good thing is that the Mandolorians are back and even better than before. The bad thing is, Lux and Ahsoka are "falling in love". To be honest, I'm not sure which one outweighs the other-I was cheering just as much as I was gagging. But I will be able to say that it WAS better than the controversial episode "Shadow Warrior". As for how much better though, that's for you to decide, and that's why I'm here with my review.

This episode started out kind of weird. It starts with a peace conference between the Republic and Separatist Allianace. Wait a minute! PEACE!? Didn't we already explore this in Season 3, and Dooku stopped it from happening in the first place? Why, we did! Then why are we going back to that? Did the Separatist leaders decide that Dooku should get a life and decided to have one without his consent? Did the old man get hospitalized by a group of clones? Did he finally have a stroke and die?

Well, despite the numerous reasons of how this could be happening, Lux decided to ruin it by claiming that Dooku had killed his mother and that everyone was being deceived. He was promptly taken off of the premises like a disobedient child (somthing kind of expected when a teenager decides to interupt a meeting that holds the fate of the galaxy) and he was brought before a holotransmission of Dooku (I guess you can rule out my second and third reason of why there was a peace conference in the first place).

Dooku ordered Lux's execution and just as the commando droids were about to kill him (without weapons), Ahsoka saved the day and rescued Lux like the damsel in distress he was. She and he manage to get off of the Separatist ship and onto Ahsoka's (kind of weird conidering it wasn't a Jedi starfighter and Jedi aren't supposed to have possessions) all while getting shot at by commando droids and holding hands (talk about a romantic first date). This scene got pretty cool though, because the Senate guards began shooting at the commando droids when they realized what was going on and a small battle broke loose on the landing pad. So much for the peace talks...

Well, once Ahsoka and Lux were out of Mandolore's atmosphere (for whatever reason they had to leave the entire planet to be safe), Lux decided to tell her that going to Coruscant wasn't an option, he had other plans, and he knocked her out. Wow, way to go Bonteri, if you're gonna fall in love with someone, the least you can do is avoid knocking her out on the first date.

Well, Ahsoka woke up in the cockpit without her lightsabers and saw Lux out on the snowy landscape of some planet (it said the name somwhere in the episode but I have no idea how to spell it). As she confronted him, a Death Watch squad landed in on the area with their jetpacks and Bo Katan, the female Mandolorian we've all been looking foward to seeing, was introduced. R2 nearly blew Lux's and Ahsoka's cover as "betrothed" (they certainly act like it at times) by trying to deliver Ahsoka her lightsabers that he had found, but Ahsoka gave him the indication to keep for the time-being.

Lux and Ahsoka were brought to the Death Watch camp, and once he and she were alone, he told that he had teamed up with them to defeat Dooku. He had used some sort of tracker to identify his location during his meeting at the beginning of the episode. Ahsoka tried to talk Lux out of it, but the Madnolorians were approaching so Lux kissed her to get her quiet. So now they can say that their first walk together was avoiding the CIS and their first kiss was to avoid Death Watch. It's amazing how these lovely dates of theirs go.

Well, Lux delievered the information, and to "celebrate" Ahsoka was enslaved temporarily and R2 was ordered to fix up droids for Mandolorian target practice. As the true man in this relationship, Lux decided to do absoutely nothing. During a celebratory feast, Ahsoka and Lux witnessed a meeting between Pre Visla and the chieftain of the planet's true inhabitants. The chieftain told Pre to get off the planet and return his women who had been enslved like Ahsoka had been. Visla surprisingly agreed, but then the next day we saw his real motives. As the chieftain's granddaughter was being return, Visla stabbed her in the back and had his men burn the village to a crisp. Lux, still being the true man in the relationship, merely tries to talk to Visla about this. Visla's reply was simply put, "Never take orders from the weak".

Lux tried no further to prevent the village's destruction, so Ahsoka, whose apparently more of a man than Lux in this relationship, decides to actually do something about it. She begins to engage several; of the Mandolorians, including Visla, however she is eventually beaten and captured. Lux, in his attempt to regain his position as the true man in the relationship, tries to talk Visla out of executing her. Visla refuses, saying she's a Jedi and no better than Dooku. Just as he was about to kill her though, R2 comes in and like Ahsoka did earlier, proves that Lux is not a man at all. R2 uses his awesome little fire hydrant gagdet (seriously, what CAN'T that little guy do?) to cause both a distraction and a limited field of vision. While some chaos ensues, he delievers Ahsoka her lightsabers, and she breaks free.

This scene was truly awesome. I know I may have beeen pretty pessimistic about this whole Luxsoka thing, but the action in this episode still made it worth watching. As Visla and Asoka engage in a pretty heated lightsaber duel, he kicks her outside. Just as you think, "Oh no, they're all gonna die!" though, all the droids that R2 repaired started a battle against the Death Watch. Visla and Ahsoka continue to duel, and Lux (still being the man in the situation) decides to run for the nearest speeder. He at least waits for his "betrothed" though, and he, Ahsoka, and R2 espace through the snow. Bo Katan and a couple other Mandolorians pursue, and after an interestiong battle aboard the speeder itself, the couple and the droid are home-free, making it to the ship to escape from Death Watch. However, as Ahsoka and R2 reach the cockpit, R2 informs Ahsoka that the escape pod is activating. She goes down there to see that Lux is indeed breaking up with her temporarily, but he says that he will see her again. It was so emotional that it almost made me tear up. Oh wait, did I say tear up? I meant GAG myself!

I hate to say it, but I really can't rate this episode over a 6.5/10. Death Watch, all the action, even R2-D2 (who was great in this episode by the way for you R2 lovers) were truly superb, but when it was mixed with Luxsoka, it is nearly ruined. I'd still recommend this episode if you wish to see Death Watch again, but beyond that, there's not much to it but a pointless relationship between Lux and Ahsoka. And I really can't say much for the next episode considering we all know Obi-wan can't REALLY be dead. I do hope this isn't an omen for what the rest of the season will be like, because in general this season hasn't disappointed me much. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Until next time, MTFBWY!

142Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:36 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Well that's the problem with it though ARC, she IS in love with a CIS leader's son, and so it WON'T be able to go anywhere, and if the team tries to pursue this love interest, it'll be forced in on us, and that is something that we've seen many a time before fail.

143Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:50 am

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

I really liked this episode. I just expected more action in it.
As for the whole Ahsoka-Lux romance: I dont know if the crew made Lux only for Ahsoka to fall in love with him,Grevious,but dont forget that Ahsoka ''adopted many of her masters ways'',like Plo Koon once said. And I think thats a good idea in terms of storytelling. She loves the son of a CIS leader,wich makes it impossible for her to be with him as long as war continues.She isnt even allowed to love at all since she is a Jedi.

144Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:40 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

I agree, Grievous could definitely afford a few more kills, but despite all the bad things this show or anthing else can throw at him, he's still my all-time fav.

I had a few problems with this episode. The Mandolorians were done very well, but the one thing I feared about this episode came true-Lux and Ahsoka and developing a romance. I'm rather ashamed the show fell into peer pressure about that one, everyone was saying for the longest that Ahsoka needed to "fall in love" with someone on the show, and in S3 when Lux came around everyone pointed to him as being that someone. I suppose it's better than having the whole Rexsoka thing everyone was saying would happen before Lux was introduced, but I still feel that the show shouldn't have made Ahsoka get romantically involved with anyone. The only one I could even remotely buy is another Padawan Jedi. I mean, they would be able to actually take that scenario far, but with Lux it just ain't gonna happen. It's pointless to have a romance between the two, Lux is simply not gonna be able to have the same screentime as Ahsoka if any at all at this point. His story is finished, if it ever began in the first place. Why the show thought that this would be a good idea is beyond me, except for the fact a bunch of strictly TCW fans who don't know squat about SW and like the makers of the show, don't CARE squat about SW thought it would be a good idea for a character whose fate doesn't get her past the Clone Wars itself to become romantically involved with someone simply because everyone sees her as the star of the show. Another thing that makes me mad is that they take the fans' advice on THIS but not anything else that would actually be awesome to see on the show!? NOT PLO KOOL! Seriously TCW, stop focusing on all these fans who don't know anything about SW except for the stuff you're throwng at them, and listen to the ones who'll actually give you good advice like "Stop destroying the EU", "Portray characters correctly (ahem, my beloved Grievous for example)", and "Introduce characters that will actually be awesome to have episodes about instead of pointless characters (like Lux, I have no hard feelings against the guy or anything, but after this episode I strongly feel they only put him in for Ahsoka to 'fall in loive with')". I will also post very strongly about this in my upcoming review, but if you want to know about my highlights in the episode (trust me, there are a few, I didn't completely hate this episode), they too will be coming up shortly.

145Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:19 am

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

It was really bad! So much wrong with it but Pre Vizsla was amazing as always!

146Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:04 pm

Jango Nova

Jango Nova

So Death Watch finally acts like Death Watch! There were some issues with the episode but all in all it was good.

147Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:13 am

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

True.Grevious needs more kills.He looses he's popularity.

148Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:20 pm

Grievous needs to kill more clones on this show like he did on the micro series. I was also a little annoyed that he didn't kill anything on Grievous Intrigue or Arc Troopers, I think Grievous should have owned loads of clones on Kamino, they let Ventress look cool by having her kill Colt, they should have let Grievous brutally kill that blue clone commando instead of some random aqua droid killing him.

149Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:38 pm

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

I actually didn't mind that scene in Grievous Intrigue, I mean, you heard the clones struggling, and the second one of them punched Grievous in the faceplate you could hear him get mad and in the very next moment all three of the clones are flying against the walls. I don't think it shows that Grievous was weak. In fact, I think it shows that whatever you do, don't make him mad!

150Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:19 pm

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

They were holding him with cabels launched from their weapons.Right?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum