Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4

+4
Ahsokasister
GeneralGrievous505
Dan Grievous
ARC Trooper
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

76Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:54 am

Jango Nova

Jango Nova

ARC Trooper wrote:Yes but it is a pitty to create such an amazing villain and kill him off in the first episode he appears in.

I have to agree with you there.

77Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:56 pm

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

Yes but it is a pitty to create such an amazing villain and kill him off in the first episode he appears in.

78Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:29 pm

Jango Nova

Jango Nova

CISFANBOY wrote:If Darth Maul can be brought back to live, I'm sure they could get away with bringing Trench back. Sadly Trench was just a one off villain, so I guess we will never know for sure what happened to him.

Besides the fact his entire ship blew up around him... >.>

79Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:59 pm

If Darth Maul can be brought back to live, I'm sure they could get away with bringing Trench back. Sadly Trench was just a one off villain, so I guess we will never know for sure what happened to him.

80Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:40 pm

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

LOL true, I mean, they ruined one of the best parts of Star wars: Bounty Hunter right there. That was a very bad mistake on their part. I mean, how does a fat worm escape the mutilation and digestion of a Krayt dragon? Especially one that got killed about a minute later by Jango Fett, thus leaving her trapped in her stomach (kinda gross if you think about it)?

81Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

Eh, I think he bit the dust. It would have almost been impossible to escape that one. I'll be shocked if he comes back, even though he was epic.

What about Gardulla The Hutt... lol

How does one escape that?! She was eaten alive and according to TCW, people can survive even the worst! Very Happy

82Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:22 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

CISFANBOY wrote:
SWneedsSASR wrote:
CISFANBOY wrote:I'm guessing that Tambor and Poggle have already been broken out off screen due to how important they are to the CIS. It would have been nice to have had a few cameos from CIS commanders though like Darts D'nar.

At this point I've kind of lost hope that we will see a CIS leader on the show again. There have been many opportunities for separatist leaders to appear this season, but TCW team haven't taken them. It's starting to feel like TCW team just hate the CIS leaders.

To be honest im not sure if their transport even docked into coruscant XD, thre is a big likelyhood that they were rescued off screen by a CIS Rescue or by Bounty Hunters like Bane, I mean lets face it, you dont leave one of your highest and brightest military comanders in a prison (unless your Stalin). the crew might have thought to do more episodes where they escape but probably thought it was to repedative. The title of the Season is 'Battlelines' (although this arc certinatley isn't, but its still great) and as we discussed frontline troops dont usually get to see the enemy commander, pherhaps in season 5 we could have plenty of these commanders, I mean deathwatch for S5 are already confirmed. I must admitt I do miss those great CIS Commanders like the formidable Admiral Trench, Tambor , poggle and of course, General Grevious

You make a good point there, I reckon there is a chance Tambor escaped before his transport even docked in to Coruscant, but On Assassin there was a Geonosian in the cell next to Ziro's that looked like Poggle and it most likely was him.

I miss Trench, I'm not entirely sure that he died, I know it looked like he was killed, but he had been presumed dead before and the "not every captain goes down with his ship" quote could have been a bit of a hint. His death wasn't mentioned in the episode guide either...
Eh, I think he bit the dust. It would have almost been impossible to escape that one. I'll be shocked if he comes back, even though he was epic.

CISFANBOY wrote:
General Grievous wrote:I think the next episode will probably be better considering they are focusing more on Bane and Eval at this point than the undercover Obi-wan. But I'm not holding my breath over it.

I hope it does those 2 are awesome, I hope they let Moralo Eval live. I like Phindians so I was pretty upset when they killed off Sobeck. I'm also not happy that we will be getting another duel with Cad Bane and Ahsoka, we don't need her in this arc we should have had a cool Jedi like Saesee Tiin or Plo Koon replace her.
As long as they don't actually kill Bane, I could care less about who he faces off against, because Bane ought to be epic in every battle, LOL.

Jango Nova wrote:
ARC Trooper wrote:Did anyone else noticed Banes new hat in the preview?

Yah, did you also notice he is wearing the one that the smuggler wears in one of the SWTOR Trailers. Razz You can also see Darth Vaders helmet, Jangos armor and a bunch of other stuff lol
LOL, I noticed that too. I hope Bane gets his old hat back though, it was so much cooler.

83Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:10 pm

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

Jango Nova wrote:

Yah, did you also notice he is wearing the one that the smuggler wears in one of the SWTOR Trailers. Razz You can also see Darth Vaders helmet, Jangos armor and a bunch of other stuff lol

HAHAHA!!! I didnt noticed all this stuff! I will watch the preview again.

84Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:34 pm

Jango Nova

Jango Nova

85Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:22 am

SWneedsSASR

SWneedsSASR

I suppose so, but it does open a few possibilities to have ahsoka and anikan in this Arc, whether or not they go down the road that pherhaps im thinking of, which they probably wont, but none the less, the only thing I cant fathom is why they let anikan and ahsoka go after them in the first place, surely the council wouldn't hold testing anikans attachment issues and reaction to stress above the sucess of a possibly crucial operation, my guess is that anikan, blinded by rage and the injustice of obi-wan's "killer" escaping, takes it upon himself to recapture or kill the 'assassin'...

86Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:49 am

General Grievous wrote:I think the next episode will probably be better considering they are focusing more on Bane and Eval at this point than the undercover Obi-wan. But I'm not holding my breath over it.

I hope it does those 2 are awesome, I hope they let Moralo Eval live. I like Phindians so I was pretty upset when they killed off Sobeck. I'm also not happy that we will be getting another duel with Cad Bane and Ahsoka, we don't need her in this arc we should have had a cool Jedi like Saesee Tiin or Plo Koon replace her.

87Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:45 am

SWneedsSASR wrote:
CISFANBOY wrote:I'm guessing that Tambor and Poggle have already been broken out off screen due to how important they are to the CIS. It would have been nice to have had a few cameos from CIS commanders though like Darts D'nar.

At this point I've kind of lost hope that we will see a CIS leader on the show again. There have been many opportunities for separatist leaders to appear this season, but TCW team haven't taken them. It's starting to feel like TCW team just hate the CIS leaders.

To be honest im not sure if their transport even docked into coruscant XD, thre is a big likelyhood that they were rescued off screen by a CIS Rescue or by Bounty Hunters like Bane, I mean lets face it, you dont leave one of your highest and brightest military comanders in a prison (unless your Stalin). the crew might have thought to do more episodes where they escape but probably thought it was to repedative. The title of the Season is 'Battlelines' (although this arc certinatley isn't, but its still great) and as we discussed frontline troops dont usually get to see the enemy commander, pherhaps in season 5 we could have plenty of these commanders, I mean deathwatch for S5 are already confirmed. I must admitt I do miss those great CIS Commanders like the formidable Admiral Trench, Tambor , poggle and of course, General Grevious

You make a good point there, I reckon there is a chance Tambor escaped before his transport even docked in to Coruscant, but On Assassin there was a Geonosian in the cell next to Ziro's that looked like Poggle and it most likely was him.

I miss Trench, I'm not entirely sure that he died, I know it looked like he was killed, but he had been presumed dead before and the "not every captain goes down with his ship" quote could have been a bit of a hint. His death wasn't mentioned in the episode guide either...

88Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:55 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Yeah, i wish they had kept his old one. LOL, Iimmediately noticed him eyeing Indy's hat, I think he should've taken that one if he insisted on getting a new one. I hope we see him in his old one again hough, the new one kinda stinks compared to his old one.

89Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:42 am

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

I like the old one.

90Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:39 am

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

I noticed that Bane passed up on having the Indiana Jones hat! Very Happy

91Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:06 am

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

Did anyone else noticed Banes new hat in the preview?

92Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:46 pm

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

I think the next episode will probably be better considering they are focusing more on Bane and Eval at this point than the undercover Obi-wan. But I'm not holding my breath over it.

93Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:50 pm

SWneedsSASR

SWneedsSASR

well they do only have 22 mins to do all this dan, the oppening scene was heptic enough and the rest of it paced nicely so they didnt really have too much time to spare, the arc's not over yet so we could still see some of the CIS, but they have probably already been 'spirited away' from the prison

94Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:41 pm

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

Maybe this is why I dislike the show more and Love the Avengers animated series! When they stage the escape they get as many famous villains to appear in the Prison Break... BUT TCW sucks that they did not feature Poggle and Tambor at least!

95Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:38 pm

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

General Grievous wrote:My review of "Deception"!:

This was overall a good episode. Had several things that I didn't like, but when we got to see Cad Bane break out of prison by causing a prison riot, you've gotta love it at least partially.

As for the beginning of the episode, I'm just going to keep it simple because I didn't like it that much. Obi-wan got "killed" by Rako Hardeen, we learn that he's not actually dead, and he gets transformed into Rako Hardeen because the guy now has a reputation as a Jedi Killer.

Big whoop. We all knew from the start that Obi-wan didn't die for real, and the only thing that kept this thing interesting was the fact we saw how Anakin was affected by Obi-wan's "death". He looked very sad and angry, and it was interesting to see "what if Obi-wan died before Anakin turned to the dark side". Beyond that though, it was very boring and pointless.

Also, Obi-wan's transformation was simply to weird for my tastes. I mean, I know it's Star Wars and anything can happen, but having some sort of Frankenstein "He's alive!" moment was stupid, and the little voice-changing droid that Obi-wan had to swallow would've likely killed him half-way down Obi-wan's throat.

Anyway, Anakin arrests Obi-wan who thinks it is Hardeen, and we finally get to something interesting. The whole point of taking up Hardeen's identity was to get close to a criminal Moralo Eval, who had plans to assassinate the Chancellor or something like that. Well, Obi-wan gets a little info out of the guy, but Cad Bane stops too much of anything from getting through. It's fairly obivous that Bane both distrusts and dislikes Obi-wan/Hardeen, and thus gives me a reason to further like his character-a good villain trusts no one.

Anyway, Bane stopped Obi-wan's involvement because he is actually involved with Eval's plan and is the one hired to break Eval out. Bane's plan was one of the best villain-based plans of the series-start a prison riot and escape in the chaos. We got a brief scene showing Boba and Bossk causing said breakout, and then Bane and Eval began to escape. Obi-wan followed them, and Eval let him join with Bane reluctantly agreeing.

The trio escaped through the morgue while shooting a few unlucky clone troopers (I imagine this must've been hard for Obi-wan considering he doesn't really want to see them die) and they hyjack a police speeder as their ride out of the facility. They then steal a large transport from some Quarren (poor guy).

Now that Ive gone over the episode, I want to discuss a couple of things before I conclude my review. For starters, I felt that Obi-wan trying to portray Harkeen was a bad idea. During his imprisonment, he stabbed a Karkadon in the hand, and tried to intimidate as many people as possible. I just simply couldn't see a beloved character mlike Obi-wan doing all this. Yes, I know it was a desperate time, but still, I'm sure the team could've thought of something else. Maybe they could've hired the actually Harkeen to get the needed information, thus giving us the extra suspense of multiple uneasy alliances.

Another thing I disliked was a missed opportunity. The team had it all. They had the prison facility, the prison riot, and most importantly, the prisoners. WHY DIDN'T THEY FREE THE CIS LEADERS WHO'VE BEEN IMPRISONED FOR TWO OR MORE SEASONS!? Seriously, we all know that Wat Tambor and Poggle the Lesser have to get out sometime. Why not now when there was a mass break-out? Very disappointing they didn't act on that opportunity.

I'll rate this episode a 7/10. Good, but having a lot of things I didn't like in it. I hope the rest of this bounty hunter arc improves because they can't just rely on Bane to make this storyline cool. Not much more to say in all honesty, so I simply wish that the Force will be with you all and that you find this review helpful. Thank you!

TCW show missing an opportunity with the CIS or an opportunity in general is quite common these days! I like the episode but I hated it for this MISSED GREAT OPPORTUNITY!!! It is not so hard to put in 30 seconds of CIS leaders escaping!
WHYYYYYYY...

96Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:34 am

SWneedsSASR

SWneedsSASR

97Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:26 am

I'm guessing that Tambor and Poggle have already been broken out off screen due to how important they are to the CIS. It would have been nice to have had a few cameos from CIS commanders though like Darts D'nar.

98Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:44 am

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

My review of "Deception"!:

This was overall a good episode. Had several things that I didn't like, but when we got to see Cad Bane break out of prison by causing a prison riot, you've gotta love it at least partially.

As for the beginning of the episode, I'm just going to keep it simple because I didn't like it that much. Obi-wan got "killed" by Rako Hardeen, we learn that he's not actually dead, and he gets transformed into Rako Hardeen because the guy now has a reputation as a Jedi Killer.

Big whoop. We all knew from the start that Obi-wan didn't die for real, and the only thing that kept this thing interesting was the fact we saw how Anakin was affected by Obi-wan's "death". He looked very sad and angry, and it was interesting to see "what if Obi-wan died before Anakin turned to the dark side". Beyond that though, it was very boring and pointless.

Also, Obi-wan's transformation was simply to weird for my tastes. I mean, I know it's Star Wars and anything can happen, but having some sort of Frankenstein "He's alive!" moment was stupid, and the little voice-changing droid that Obi-wan had to swallow would've likely killed him half-way down Obi-wan's throat.

Anyway, Anakin arrests Obi-wan who thinks it is Hardeen, and we finally get to something interesting. The whole point of taking up Hardeen's identity was to get close to a criminal Moralo Eval, who had plans to assassinate the Chancellor or something like that. Well, Obi-wan gets a little info out of the guy, but Cad Bane stops too much of anything from getting through. It's fairly obivous that Bane both distrusts and dislikes Obi-wan/Hardeen, and thus gives me a reason to further like his character-a good villain trusts no one.

Anyway, Bane stopped Obi-wan's involvement because he is actually involved with Eval's plan and is the one hired to break Eval out. Bane's plan was one of the best villain-based plans of the series-start a prison riot and escape in the chaos. We got a brief scene showing Boba and Bossk causing said breakout, and then Bane and Eval began to escape. Obi-wan followed them, and Eval let him join with Bane reluctantly agreeing.

The trio escaped through the morgue while shooting a few unlucky clone troopers (I imagine this must've been hard for Obi-wan considering he doesn't really want to see them die) and they hyjack a police speeder as their ride out of the facility. They then steal a large transport from some Quarren (poor guy).

Now that Ive gone over the episode, I want to discuss a couple of things before I conclude my review. For starters, I felt that Obi-wan trying to portray Harkeen was a bad idea. During his imprisonment, he stabbed a Karkadon in the hand, and tried to intimidate as many people as possible. I just simply couldn't see a beloved character mlike Obi-wan doing all this. Yes, I know it was a desperate time, but still, I'm sure the team could've thought of something else. Maybe they could've hired the actually Harkeen to get the needed information, thus giving us the extra suspense of multiple uneasy alliances.

Another thing I disliked was a missed opportunity. The team had it all. They had the prison facility, the prison riot, and most importantly, the prisoners. WHY DIDN'T THEY FREE THE CIS LEADERS WHO'VE BEEN IMPRISONED FOR TWO OR MORE SEASONS!? Seriously, we all know that Wat Tambor and Poggle the Lesser have to get out sometime. Why not now when there was a mass break-out? Very disappointing they didn't act on that opportunity.

I'll rate this episode a 7/10. Good, but having a lot of things I didn't like in it. I hope the rest of this bounty hunter arc improves because they can't just rely on Bane to make this storyline cool. Not much more to say in all honesty, so I simply wish that the Force will be with you all and that you find this review helpful. Thank you!

99Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:28 am

ARC Trooper

ARC Trooper

LOL! Indeed! You must have extra security measures in this case.

100Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:47 am

Jango Nova

Jango Nova

All in all this was a pretty good ep. Although whoever thought putting Bane, Boba, Bossk, and who know else in the same prison was a good idea should be fired lol. Your just asking for trouble at that point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum