Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars The Clone Wars: The Past Seasons

+6
StarWarsTalkShow
Yoda
ARC Trooper
GeneralGrievous505
Jedi~Chick
Dan Grievous
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

Ahsoka's annoyance aside...

There is one guy I would love to return from S2 and that is ADMIRAL TRENCH! Yes, he may looked like he was killed but why was the half episode build-up for his survivals in previous battles!?

Go Trench!

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

Whatever you say... you have your opinions, I have mine and all are equaly valid!

But it is "The Clone Wars", "Ani's adventures"... so it should be about everybody in the war like some of the episodes in S1 about Mace Windu and Kit Fisto and Yoda himself! Season One was the best cause it had those moments and episodes, without the Pointless One showing off!
Anitard has hugged the spotlight enough and I do not care if he is the best or worst character, he has had his fair share of glory and episodes, he needs to appear a little less this fourth season...

About the S3 finale, it did not come full circle, it just said: "That was a fine 15 minutes wasted, time to wrap up..." Cause if they waited as they did in the 21st episode, it would have overstayed its welcome even more...
And again, if the episode focused on the Padawans meeting Chewbacca without the snippy one, it would have made a much better episode. And not having Ahsoka's Ani issues to occupy the screen at the end... the final scene on Coruscant - LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooong and, yes, it was like a love scene at the end of many romantic films and even AOTC! lol
Yeah, it could only as gross as you wish it to be, but if it was boy as his padawan it could be better like forshadow of Luke without the girly problems and nasty voice and expressions! And do not tell me you live in a world without affairs and mistresses?!

Again, Snipster is the worst character created since the EWOKS, Jar Jar was less annoying and bad than her and S3 cemented that! Tano is just a fail that slows and ruins the episodes she is in...always! It is like a character with special needs that eats up everybody's time in turning their attention to it! She get special episodes, special treatment and even special WEAK villains to beat and look fabulous while doing it. Pit her agains Grievous or Ventress and she would be dead alone! Because there is always a clone or two to save her and her badly-developed self!
And also, S3 could also be called the Feminist season - as most of the stories were centered around females! By such being as Padme, the Togruta, Shaak Ti, Satine, Chuchi, Asajj and Kalifa...all of them led in their episodes!

The Wookiees, face it, were just thrown in for market value and nothing else, they were not even animated great...chewychewychewychewychewychewychewy
They were there just to show off and try to beat the last three big arcs with the Nostalgia Feel of older fans... S1 finale was better in every way!
I personally hate Wookiees-maybe it is the roar or the moments where they "talk" for more than 1 minute that gets on my nerves the same way Drilling Noise would!

Just saying!

Jedi~Chick

Jedi~Chick

Dan Grievous wrote:

I DO like the darker stuff, I love VILLAINS,and good ones!!!
The politics of one planet like embargoes and stuff is fine as a backstory, but when you center an hour of the show about bankers and banking procedures in a show parading that it is for "kids", something got really scrambled at the writers departments...

As far is Mortis it was like a teaser for something that is still not going to happen... I had the feel of a movie dream sequence beyond absurdity and it boasted my most hated character - Anitard.
And in the end like every dream sequence it ends, it makes no affect on anything in the grand scheme of the war and it does not matter. It was just as I always say an "apology letter from GL about ruining the myth of the FORCE with midichlorian poodo"...

Ahsoka always slows the show, when she is on screen the show goes from a good 80 km per hour to 5 to make her look good... And her relationship with the The Stupid One is wrong, at S3's weak finale I almost felt they were going to kiss and Anakin was going to say that he is done with Padme and the order and he would like to have babies with the Togruta! Ahsoka is just a character and the show is not about her or the Dumb One, but about the Conflict like a documentary on WWII is not about only Hitler it is about the entire conflict and everyone involved... that is what not many understand and so does GL, Dave Filoni gets it, but Lucas does not! There is just some stupid camp at LFL that tries to promote a weak character every way they can... a rolemodel they say. A really bad role-model that is annoying, snippy, never listens, is a brat and more! Not a good role model! And she is stealing time from other Jedi that need to shine more...
Hope she does not ruin the Battle of Dac in S4 and allows Kit to be shown a lot!!!

PS: The focus should be on AnaPadme not Ahsokin... lol And Ahsoka make Padme pointless in the overall scheme!

And Chewbacca, as much as people love him, was a pain in the finale like The Holiday Special all over again! lol The ninja scene on the fallen ship at night ruined cause the Wookie can not keep his trap shut for an hour! I was wondering what was keeping everybody on the planet from hearing the roaring fool!
And the writing was weak and premise was stolen from another movie and Ahsoke is too boring to hold an entire finale even with the added nostalgia value aka the Wookiee = weak finale... Now Hostage Crisis was nice!

And as you said, these are my opinions on the matters with the weakest season of the show and I am not trying to convince you!

yeahright
*headdesk, headdesk, headdesk*

Those are your opinions, so I respect them. Smile

STILL...I have to agree to disagree. xDDD

Ahsoka and Anakin have, a....Brother/Sister relationship, maybe even on some level as Father/Daughter. Razz
But they have NO romantic relationship, Anakin and Padme are MARRIED.
Anisoka (or Ahsokin) is just GROSS!!!!!!!!! Razz

I love Anakin's character, and Anakin in general. TCW, in my opinion, SHOULD focus on him. And Ahsoka. She's an important and an excellent character. Wink

............................................NO COMMENT NO COMMENT NO COMMENT face face face

.....................I personally thought that it was a good season finale. It came full circle, was important and very 'character developing'. I think putting the Wookiees in pleased lots of fans. Including some of the adult fans, like my parents. Wink

Razz

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

Jedi~Chick wrote:
Dan Grievous wrote:
Jedi~Chick wrote:I absolutely LOVE all the seasons. Wink Season 2 had some amazing episodes, but some of my all time favorites are in Season 1! LOL!

My favorite episodes from Season 1 are Jedi Crash (and it's companion episode) and Blue Shadow Virus. Wink
And my favorites from Season 2 are the Geonosis trilogy, and Senate Spy (don't you judge me.) winkyoda

I love all the seasons, cause they are Star Wars and have the CIS as the main villains! Season 1 was the best followed by S2 and S3 was the weakest!

S1 and all time favorite was "Lair of Grievous" and it was so well done. TOP notch writing and design and it had 100% epic Grievous! S1 just had awesome villains more in numbers than the other two... Tambor, Gunray, Vindi and more...Plus S1 had the best finale with Cad Bane coming in! I totally agree but I feel that "Defenders of Piece" was the main episode of the Maridun arc and Lok Durd was epic new addition...
S2's Geonosis was really solid, even the lead in episode "Senate Spy" (I love the episode too, Clovis was such a great character) was excellent! Poggle was great and the Zombies/ Worms were such an awesome addition to mainstream SW! And then Trench came, best S2 villain, but Anitard ruined the episode...
S3 started off epic with Kamino, Cadets and Grievous, but little by little by the end it was mainly wrong choices - like the Banking episodes, the corruption episodes, the pointless Mortis arc and the last Ahsoka-heavy finale... Ahsoka should never again end a season, cause she can not hold her own on screen and that is why they put Chewbacca in to not loose more audience...

Hope S4 is more like S1 and becomes even better!

Smile I agree with what you said about Seasons 1 and 2 (for the most part) but I personally LOVED Season 3. Wink
Then again, I am good with politics and I'm intrigued by it, so I didn't mind the more political episodes. I thought they related well to Real Life. Wink

I HIGHLY disagree with you on Anakin and Ahsoka. XD I think that Ahsoka is one of the BEST female characters that Lucas has introduced since Princess Leia (and Padme). yodalove
She's smart, spunky, and still learning, so you get to see her grow as a character and as a person. I love Ahsoka and Anakin's relationship, and everything that happened in Season 3. As much as it confused me, the Mortis arc was my favorite. I loved the drama in Alter of Mortis, and how much darkness surrounded the place. It was very interesting and foreshadowing. I cried. XD
TCW is essentially Ahsoka's story. It started with her (in the movie) and Filoni says it will also END with her. (which worries me to no end). tano

Chewbacca was a plus to have in the Season Finale, because he is a classic character that nearly anyone recognizes with, even if they've never seen the Original Trilogy before. Having him team up with Ahsoka made for a blast of a season finale. Wink

I can tell we don't agree on this, and that's just fine. You like the 'darker' stuff (I guess that's how you put that) and I like the good-guys. XD Smile But you're entitled to your opinion, and I can respect that. marajade

I DO like the darker stuff, I love VILLAINS,and good ones!!!
The politics of one planet like embargoes and stuff is fine as a backstory, but when you center an hour of the show about bankers and banking procedures in a show parading that it is for "kids", something got really scrambled at the writers departments...

As far is Mortis it was like a teaser for something that is still not going to happen... I had the feel of a movie dream sequence beyond absurdity and it boasted my most hated character - Anitard.
And in the end like every dream sequence it ends, it makes no affect on anything in the grand scheme of the war and it does not matter. It was just as I always say an "apology letter from GL about ruining the myth of the FORCE with midichlorian poodo"...

Ahsoka always slows the show, when she is on screen the show goes from a good 80 km per hour to 5 to make her look good... And her relationship with the The Stupid One is wrong, at S3's weak finale I almost felt they were going to kiss and Anakin was going to say that he is done with Padme and the order and he would like to have babies with the Togruta! Ahsoka is just a character and the show is not about her or the Dumb One, but about the Conflict like a documentary on WWII is not about only Hitler it is about the entire conflict and everyone involved... that is what not many understand and so does GL, Dave Filoni gets it, but Lucas does not! There is just some stupid camp at LFL that tries to promote a weak character every way they can... a rolemodel they say. A really bad role-model that is annoying, snippy, never listens, is a brat and more! Not a good role model! And she is stealing time from other Jedi that need to shine more...
Hope she does not ruin the Battle of Dac in S4 and allows Kit to be shown a lot!!!

PS: The focus should be on AnaPadme not Ahsokin... lol And Ahsoka make Padme pointless in the overall scheme!

And Chewbacca, as much as people love him, was a pain in the finale like The Holiday Special all over again! lol The ninja scene on the fallen ship at night ruined cause the Wookie can not keep his trap shut for an hour! I was wondering what was keeping everybody on the planet from hearing the roaring fool!
And the writing was weak and premise was stolen from another movie and Ahsoke is too boring to hold an entire finale even with the added nostalgia value aka the Wookiee = weak finale... Now Hostage Crisis was nice!

And as you said, these are my opinions on the matters with the weakest season of the show and I am not trying to convince you!

Jedi~Chick

Jedi~Chick

Dan Grievous wrote:
Jedi~Chick wrote:I absolutely LOVE all the seasons. Wink Season 2 had some amazing episodes, but some of my all time favorites are in Season 1! LOL!

My favorite episodes from Season 1 are Jedi Crash (and it's companion episode) and Blue Shadow Virus. Wink
And my favorites from Season 2 are the Geonosis trilogy, and Senate Spy (don't you judge me.) winkyoda

I love all the seasons, cause they are Star Wars and have the CIS as the main villains! Season 1 was the best followed by S2 and S3 was the weakest!

S1 and all time favorite was "Lair of Grievous" and it was so well done. TOP notch writing and design and it had 100% epic Grievous! S1 just had awesome villains more in numbers than the other two... Tambor, Gunray, Vindi and more...Plus S1 had the best finale with Cad Bane coming in! I totally agree but I feel that "Defenders of Piece" was the main episode of the Maridun arc and Lok Durd was epic new addition...
S2's Geonosis was really solid, even the lead in episode "Senate Spy" (I love the episode too, Clovis was such a great character) was excellent! Poggle was great and the Zombies/ Worms were such an awesome addition to mainstream SW! And then Trench came, best S2 villain, but Anitard ruined the episode...
S3 started off epic with Kamino, Cadets and Grievous, but little by little by the end it was mainly wrong choices - like the Banking episodes, the corruption episodes, the pointless Mortis arc and the last Ahsoka-heavy finale... Ahsoka should never again end a season, cause she can not hold her own on screen and that is why they put Chewbacca in to not loose more audience...

Smile I agree with what you said about Seasons 1 and 2 (for the most part) but I personally LOVED Season 3. Wink
Then again, I am good with politics and I'm intrigued by it, so I didn't mind the more political episodes. I thought they related well to Real Life. Wink

I HIGHLY disagree with you on Anakin and Ahsoka. XD I think that Ahsoka is one of the BEST female characters that Lucas has introduced since Princess Leia (and Padme). yodalove
She's smart, spunky, and still learning, so you get to see her grow as a character and as a person. I love Ahsoka and Anakin's relationship, and everything that happened in Season 3. As much as it confused me, the Mortis arc was my favorite. I loved the drama in Alter of Mortis, and how much darkness surrounded the place. It was very interesting and foreshadowing. I cried. XD
TCW is essentially Ahsoka's story. It started with her (in the movie) and Filoni says it will also END with her. (which worries me to no end). tano

Chewbacca was a plus to have in the Season Finale, because he is a classic character that nearly anyone recognizes with, even if they've never seen the Original Trilogy before. Having him team up with Ahsoka made for a blast of a season finale. Wink

I can tell we don't agree on this, and that's just fine. You like the 'darker' stuff (I guess that's how you put that) and I like the good-guys. XD Smile But you're entitled to your opinion, and I can respect that. marajade

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

Sadly, Padme the Moron who everybody tried to keep out of harm's way in AOTC is now in the middle of Battle of Dac in S4... WHAAAAT!?

But Ahsoka's thing was a joke she would get shredded by Grievous before even finishing the baby taunt "It is another tin...." BUZZ... and she is dead by the blade of Grievous! That duel happened cause the show did not have many character models ready!

I disagree on Lucas, if he is busy and can not think straight he should stay away and not go all TPM on us with Politics and Banking... Dave does a great job, it is GL who ruins the show with things people hate and think is not SW or, at least, no central SW topic like the one in "Senate Murders" and the Banking episodes of S3... it is all his fault, cause he thinks people enjoy Senate Sessions and blabbing! NO ONE DOES!
If he stays far away and does his, IDK, whatever he does - count money or think how to increase revenue with Book garbage like those Blueprints!

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Dan Grievous wrote:
General Grievous wrote:
Dan Grievous wrote:Season One was the best so far, but I think or hope Season Four could beat Season One's awesomeness!
Hmm, I agree, as for overall stories, S1 was the best because they combined action and storyline the best. S2 and S3 either focused too much on story in their episodes, or too much in action. There was no real attempt to combine the two to make a good, 30 min., mini-SW movie except in S1. BUT, S2 had probably the best stand-out episodes like Landing at Point Rain, Legacy of Terror, Brain Invaders, the Zillo Beast, and the Mandalore episodes. Even though they may not have been as good as some S1 episodes, they stood out more in my opinion, IDK why. And S3, hmm, what to say about it. It probably was the weakest of the three, with no episodes combining action and storyline well without one dominating the other or many stand-out episodes, but I do think there were improvements in it. The character growth was MUCH better this season and had the best animation yet. Hmm, IDK which one I like the best. I guess it really depends on what you're going for in the episodes.

And my favorites from Season 2 are the Geonosis trilogy, and Senate Spy (don't you judge me.) Star Wars The Clone Wars: The Past Seasons - Page 9 12480
Those S1 episodes are pretty good! I REALLY like Jedi Crash and Defenders of Peace, they had a great storyline without killing the action and vice versa, and the end of the overall story was epic, every time I watch it, I still think someone major is about to die because of overwheming odds, the Defoliator about to fire, and Anakin having his head somewhat knocked loose, I mean, I'm surprised he didn't charge a battle droid than just pass out from the knock to his head!Star Wars The Clone Wars: The Past Seasons - Page 9 495192 And I agree, the Geonosis episodes were definitely the highlight of S2.

Dan Grievous wrote:

And my favorites from Season 2 are the Geonosis trilogy, and Senate Spy (don't you judge me.) Star Wars The Clone Wars: The Past Seasons - Page 9 12480

Ha, you have a point at the beginning of your post, I like almost all the epiodes, good or not simply because they're SW, LOL. And YES, Lair of Grievous HAD to be my fav of S1! It was EPIC! Grievous lived up to everything the show HADN'T made him so far, especially when he killed prectically everyone by Fisto, LOL. I also agree that Hostage Crisis was the best finale of all the seasons, I mean, it was one of the first "bad guys win" type scenario, I LOVED it Not mention, Bane' totally Plo Kool, LOL.

Now, here's the thing about the Geonisis arc. If you think about it, it had some of the worst episodes because it either focused too much on personal storyline/plots (Senate Spy) or the other way around with action (Landing at Point Rain and Weapons Factory) The only ones that combined the two well were Legacy of Terror and Brain Invaders (LOVED them!) BUT before you go all Darth Vader and Force choky on me I liked the overall story of the Geonosis arc the best out of season two for the exact same reason I didn't like its epsiodes-It had a good mix of storyline and action with Senate Spy focusing on story, LAPR and Weapons Factory focusing on action, and the others blending the two. So there I rest my case, LOL, I could've gone to court with all that!Star Wars The Clone Wars: The Past Seasons - Page 9 495192

As for S3, I think some people forget that yes, it DID get worse as it went along, but it also had some great episodes during the last half of the season-Savage Oress was introduced, and Nightsisters was one of the best episodes of the season, with a fateful turn of events at the beginning and the best duel of the series at the end. Also, the Citadel episodes. THE best overall mission/arc or the seaon, and one of the best in the series as a whole.

Whew, I'm glad I got that all done. Star Wars The Clone Wars: The Past Seasons - Page 9 495192

"Lair of Grievous" was the best and in it Grievous, as you said he killed almost all and, sadly, he has not killed anybody since that episode! WHY!?

Indeed in S1, I either think they had an overall better lead writer, because things sucked the most in S2 when episodes like "Duchess of Mandalore" and "Senate Murders" which were mainly done by one guy Drew Z Greenberg, who I think has done top worse so far, if you do not count the top 2 worst episode in history - "Corruption" and "Evil Plans"...but they made us think!
When you hear the title of the episode in the Newsreel narated by Tom Kane then the episode will be bad, MEGA bad... cause it has nothing to offer as background and it uses the title as filler.
S3 had the best animation cause so far the show has demonstrated that the animation gains more depth and becomes better and better with each season and not going the way of many shows/movies the other way around...
Character-wise S3 had growth, but no heart as S3 served as just to showcase how annoying (good) Anitard and Tano were...still think they are a pain, thanks to season three's arcs that pain got deeper with episodes just about their personal boring issues...
S1 does not deserve much comment, cause it was overall perfection! It even got Anitard hurt and almost died! HAZZZA!!!
But from S1's finale to the end of S3, they turned the Anitard The Stupid One into real GOD! And, yes, I am speaking of Mortis...
That arc, visually and voice-acting-wise was perfect, but it had no purpose and it was just showing off more of Anakin's annoying gloaty nature... and by part II or The one called "Altar of Mortis", they turned Anitard into Jesus Christ by making him bring back the dead and so on...

I do agree with ya, Grievous, The Citadel was the best of S3, cause it took risks, especially with the death of a certain Jedi Council member! And Osi Sobeck was the best villain, sorry Grievous - my fave, the absolute best villain of S3 beating the boring TOOL Savage Opress who is merely here for another season just to make Lucas's dream come true - bring Maul back!

I am not sure why they dropped the whole combo of story and action of S1 and replaced them with messes of episodes... and some, mostly Ashoka and Padme episodes were even so story heavy that they were mega boring...
The fact is in S1 they were almost no "Ahsoka-Alone" scenarios compaired to the later seasons and I think that was one of the problems and STILL IS!
For Ahsoka there can not be much action cause, all of you face it, she is weakling and needs weak villains and situations and lowering of the bar of the previous episodes to make her stand out... there are more than 10 episodes where that was done mainly in S3! In S1 she got her butt kicked by everything and in S2 they decided to give her weak villains, same as with Padme... Weak villains and weak heroes like Tano cause very weak boring episodes. Examples:

- "Lightsaber Lost" with Tano vs Cassie Cryer
-"Senate Murders" with Padme vs Lolo Purs
-"Corruption" with Padme vs Moogans and some thugs
-"THe Academy" with Ahsoka vs Almec - imagine Viszla vs Ahsoka = Ahsoka charred to death by him
-"Sphere of Influence" with AHsoka vs Sib Canay
-"Wookie Hunt" the painful Ahsoka vs the silly Garnac...
All these "villains" made just to serve as weak opponents of the stupids female leads like Padme and Tano. And that results in weak stories! If the evil is weak then we do not feel much of a struggle for the heroes and that is why the episodes failed painfully. TOTALLY oposite of what "Lair of Grievous" and "Counterattack" where evil practically won in the hand of awesome General Grievous and Osi Sobeck and that is why the episode triumphed as the best of the series - there Hero drama and turmoil and the villains won!!! JUST LIKE "EMPIRE"! In the episodes where good wins too easily or does nothing against the baddies, it is the most boring part of the show and set season!

As far as Savage and the sisters are on the table, their arc was strong cause the character that episodes were revolving were strong and complex aka Ventress and Dooku even a little of Savage the tool! That is their episodes were the epic and very tight!

In some of the S2 and S3, they tried to stay on the combo path like was the case of "The Deserter" best COMBO episode of S2! Let us hope Dave and especially LUCAS the looney have learned to mix more. Cause you all know the banking episodes were ALL HIS IDEA! Politics and Banks in that way are never fun!

PLUS: there is a reason why there was the term "First and Second half of S3" and there was no such thing in S1 or S2...
You bring several major points to the table, and I agree with most of them, or at least to a certain degree. You have a point that Ahsoka fights weak villains, and I agree Padme' does too. Here's my view on that-Ahsoka needs to fight better villains, like she did in Duel of the droids where she was able to hold her own against Grievous. Yeah yeah, she was technically beat, but that's an improvement of over Nahdar Vebb who actually DIES. And in my opinion, Padme' shouldn't fight anyone. She's a SENATOR not a WARRIOR. There's a small difference between the two (actually a big one Star Wars The Clone Wars: The Past Seasons - Page 9 495192 ) She really just needs to fill the role as Anakin's wife who inadvertantly leads him to the dark side and a bright senator who's job is toughest in these times, and leave it at that, not have her leading the entire GAR for Pete's sake!

And I don't really take offense to Opress being a tool, I mean that's what he WAS. BUT, I kinda like him like that. IDK, don't YOU find it compelling that a semi-normal guy gets transformed into this monster?

One thing I do think you need to lay off on is Lucas. I mean come on, let's give the guy a break, he's very busy, he can't focus solely on the Clone Wars, so yes there'll be mistakes, but it's not HIS fault or HIS ideas. If it's anyone's fault, it's Dave's who knows squat about SW but leads the series anyway without consulting someone who DOES know the stuff that they're ruining.

Dan Grievous wrote:And, yes, I do agree that the Zombie/Worm/Godzilla themed episodes were really good cause they dared to try to mix something new with the CLONE WARS!
More of those, please!
Yes, Legacy of Terror was one of the best S2 episodes, and Brain Invaders actually made me jump in certain scenes because it had that scariness to it. I really liked Legacy of Terror though because it reminded me of Death Troopers. Have you ever read that book? It is one of the best, scariest, detailed SW books you'll ever read, and I absolutely love it.

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

And, yes, I do agree that the Zombie/Worm/Godzilla themed episodes were really good cause they dared to try to mix something new with the CLONE WARS!
More of those, please!

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

General Grievous wrote:
Dan Grievous wrote:Season One was the best so far, but I think or hope Season Four could beat Season One's awesomeness!
Hmm, I agree, as for overall stories, S1 was the best because they combined action and storyline the best. S2 and S3 either focused too much on story in their episodes, or too much in action. There was no real attempt to combine the two to make a good, 30 min., mini-SW movie except in S1. BUT, S2 had probably the best stand-out episodes like Landing at Point Rain, Legacy of Terror, Brain Invaders, the Zillo Beast, and the Mandalore episodes. Even though they may not have been as good as some S1 episodes, they stood out more in my opinion, IDK why. And S3, hmm, what to say about it. It probably was the weakest of the three, with no episodes combining action and storyline well without one dominating the other or many stand-out episodes, but I do think there were improvements in it. The character growth was MUCH better this season and had the best animation yet. Hmm, IDK which one I like the best. I guess it really depends on what you're going for in the episodes.

Those S1 episodes are pretty good! I REALLY like Jedi Crash and Defenders of Peace, they had a great storyline without killing the action and vice versa, and the end of the overall story was epic, every time I watch it, I still think someone major is about to die because of overwheming odds, the Defoliator about to fire, and Anakin having his head somewhat knocked loose, I mean, I'm surprised he didn't charge a battle droid than just pass out from the knock to his head!Star Wars The Clone Wars: The Past Seasons - Page 9 495192 And I agree, the Geonosis episodes were definitely the highlight of S2.

Dan Grievous wrote:

Ha, you have a point at the beginning of your post, I like almost all the epiodes, good or not simply because they're SW, LOL. And YES, Lair of Grievous HAD to be my fav of S1! It was EPIC! Grievous lived up to everything the show HADN'T made him so far, especially when he killed prectically everyone by Fisto, LOL. I also agree that Hostage Crisis was the best finale of all the seasons, I mean, it was one of the first "bad guys win" type scenario, I LOVED it Not mention, Bane' totally Plo Kool, LOL.

Now, here's the thing about the Geonisis arc. If you think about it, it had some of the worst episodes because it either focused too much on personal storyline/plots (Senate Spy) or the other way around with action (Landing at Point Rain and Weapons Factory) The only ones that combined the two well were Legacy of Terror and Brain Invaders (LOVED them!) BUT before you go all Darth Vader and Force choky on me I liked the overall story of the Geonosis arc the best out of season two for the exact same reason I didn't like its epsiodes-It had a good mix of storyline and action with Senate Spy focusing on story, LAPR and Weapons Factory focusing on action, and the others blending the two. So there I rest my case, LOL, I could've gone to court with all that!Star Wars The Clone Wars: The Past Seasons - Page 9 495192

As for S3, I think some people forget that yes, it DID get worse as it went along, but it also had some great episodes during the last half of the season-Savage Oress was introduced, and Nightsisters was one of the best episodes of the season, with a fateful turn of events at the beginning and the best duel of the series at the end. Also, the Citadel episodes. THE best overall mission/arc or the seaon, and one of the best in the series as a whole.

Whew, I'm glad I got that all done. Star Wars The Clone Wars: The Past Seasons - Page 9 495192

"Lair of Grievous" was the best and in it Grievous, as you said he killed almost all and, sadly, he has not killed anybody since that episode! WHY!?

Indeed in S1, I either think they had an overall better lead writer, because things sucked the most in S2 when episodes like "Duchess of Mandalore" and "Senate Murders" which were mainly done by one guy Drew Z Greenberg, who I think has done top worse so far, if you do not count the top 2 worst episode in history - "Corruption" and "Evil Plans"...but they made us think!
When you hear the title of the episode in the Newsreel narated by Tom Kane then the episode will be bad, MEGA bad... cause it has nothing to offer as background and it uses the title as filler.
S3 had the best animation cause so far the show has demonstrated that the animation gains more depth and becomes better and better with each season and not going the way of many shows/movies the other way around...
Character-wise S3 had growth, but no heart as S3 served as just to showcase how annoying (good) Anitard and Tano were...still think they are a pain, thanks to season three's arcs that pain got deeper with episodes just about their personal boring issues...
S1 does not deserve much comment, cause it was overall perfection! It even got Anitard hurt and almost died! HAZZZA!!!
But from S1's finale to the end of S3, they turned the Anitard The Stupid One into real GOD! And, yes, I am speaking of Mortis...
That arc, visually and voice-acting-wise was perfect, but it had no purpose and it was just showing off more of Anakin's annoying gloaty nature... and by part II or The one called "Altar of Mortis", they turned Anitard into Jesus Christ by making him bring back the dead and so on...

I do agree with ya, Grievous, The Citadel was the best of S3, cause it took risks, especially with the death of a certain Jedi Council member! And Osi Sobeck was the best villain, sorry Grievous - my fave, the absolute best villain of S3 beating the boring TOOL Savage Opress who is merely here for another season just to make Lucas's dream come true - bring Maul back!

I am not sure why they dropped the whole combo of story and action of S1 and replaced them with messes of episodes... and some, mostly Ashoka and Padme episodes were even so story heavy that they were mega boring...
The fact is in S1 they were almost no "Ahsoka-Alone" scenarios compaired to the later seasons and I think that was one of the problems and STILL IS!
For Ahsoka there can not be much action cause, all of you face it, she is weakling and needs weak villains and situations and lowering of the bar of the previous episodes to make her stand out... there are more than 10 episodes where that was done mainly in S3! In S1 she got her butt kicked by everything and in S2 they decided to give her weak villains, same as with Padme... Weak villains and weak heroes like Tano cause very weak boring episodes. Examples:

- "Lightsaber Lost" with Tano vs Cassie Cryer
-"Senate Murders" with Padme vs Lolo Purs
-"Corruption" with Padme vs Moogans and some thugs
-"THe Academy" with Ahsoka vs Almec - imagine Viszla vs Ahsoka = Ahsoka charred to death by him
-"Sphere of Influence" with AHsoka vs Sib Canay
-"Wookie Hunt" the painful Ahsoka vs the silly Garnac...
All these "villains" made just to serve as weak opponents of the stupids female leads like Padme and Tano. And that results in weak stories! If the evil is weak then we do not feel much of a struggle for the heroes and that is why the episodes failed painfully. TOTALLY oposite of what "Lair of Grievous" and "Counterattack" where evil practically won in the hand of awesome General Grievous and Osi Sobeck and that is why the episode triumphed as the best of the series - there Hero drama and turmoil and the villains won!!! JUST LIKE "EMPIRE"! In the episodes where good wins too easily or does nothing against the baddies, it is the most boring part of the show and set season!

As far as Savage and the sisters are on the table, their arc was strong cause the character that episodes were revolving were strong and complex aka Ventress and Dooku even a little of Savage the tool! That is their episodes were the epic and very tight!

In some of the S2 and S3, they tried to stay on the combo path like was the case of "The Deserter" best COMBO episode of S2! Let us hope Dave and especially LUCAS the looney have learned to mix more. Cause you all know the banking episodes were ALL HIS IDEA! Politics and Banks in that way are never fun!

PLUS: there is a reason why there was the term "First and Second half of S3" and there was no such thing in S1 or S2...

GeneralGrievous505

GeneralGrievous505
Admin

Dan Grievous wrote:

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

Jedi~Chick

Jedi~Chick

I absolutely LOVE all the seasons. Wink Season 2 had some amazing episodes, but some of my all time favorites are in Season 1! LOL!

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

Season One was the best so far, but I think or hope Season Four could beat Season One's awesomeness!

214Star Wars The Clone Wars: The Past Seasons - Page 9 Empty Star Wars The Clone Wars: The Past Seasons Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:21 pm

Dan Grievous

Dan Grievous

Wanted to start this topic so we could share what we loved or hated about the seasons of "The Clone Wars" that have comed and and ended so far!

Share away!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum